Fantastic leadership opportunity within an inspirational and dynamic large national not for profit.
- Melbourne or Sydney based
- Lead a team of 7
- Competitive salary package
As a key member of the Fundraising Management Team, the newly created Donor Development Manager role will lead the retention and donor stewardship of the active supporter base, across a comprehensive donor development cycle which includes direct mail renewal and acquisition appeals, donor care & stewardship and regular giving retention and upgrade efforts.
Reporting to the General Manager – Fundraising, Marketing & Communications, this position has responsibility for a significant budget, overseeing the development and ongoing management of the donor development strategy and leading and inspiring the team working towards ongoing aspirational supporter growth targets.
- Lead the development and ongoing management of the national strategy across donor development including annual cash appeals, direct mail acquisition programs, donor care & stewardship communications and regular giving retention.
- Overall budget management and reporting responsibility across the donor development program
- National line management responsibility driving performance across the team
- High level strategic oversight of supplier relationships and agencies ensuring that robust performance and budgetary KPIs are actioned and monitored
- Ensure third party supplier performance and monitor consistency in line with the organisation’s net income and supporter growth aspirations
- Seek continuous improvement and capability in securing online cash donations from existing and newly acquired donors via the adoption and testing of digital fundraising techniques and channels
- Work collaboratively with the donor acquisition team to support RG conversion of current cash appeal donors via phone and collaborate on an agreed set of RG performance KPIs for newly acquired donors
- Manage a detailed declines management, reactivation and upgrade strategy to ensure improvement to average pledge value year on year and to bring the program in line with median industry performance in terms of donor attrition
- Work with the team to identify and implement regular giving conversion campaign opportunities from the donor renewal cash program
- Work effectively with Fundraising Managers across the organisation including Major Gifts and Gifts in Wills to ensure an integrated approach to improved donor stewardship by championing cross promotional opportunities
- Significant experience managing large scale direct mail, cash appeals and regular giving programs
- Demonstrated experience in managing fundraising activities including direct marketing/mail programs, telemarketing and digital regular giving campaigns
- Ability to develop and deliver on a national donor development strategy with well versed data insights and analytical skills.
- Proven experience in managing large expenditure budgets
- Highest level of supplier management experience including the management of contractual agreements and the ability to set and manage KPIs and drive performance accountability
- Significant experience in financial and budgetary reporting across both individual campaign performance and a wider program
- Excellent organisational, time-management, written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced interpersonal communication skills including persuasive and strong negotiating abilities
- An appetite for change and the creative pursuit of best practice fundraising techniques
- An experienced people leader who can motivate, inspire and develop a national team
Please apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed on an immediate basis.
Rosheen Singh, Rosheen@beaumontpeople.com.au
Beaumont Not for Profit has been contracted to recruit this role. Beaumont NFP is a non-profit service specialising in delivering unparalleled permanent and temporary recruitment solutions to the Not for profit sector on a Not for Profit basis