Parkinson’s NSW is a not for profit organisation striving to make life better for people living with Parkinson’s, their families and carers. Providing essential services and education while raising awareness and funds for research to improve the lives of people affected by Parkinson’s.
Parkinson’s NSW is undertaking an exciting transformation seeking to continually improve its service offerings and drive innovation in order to provide maximum opportunity for those whose lives are affected by Parkinson's.
About the role:
With the advent of the NDIS Parkinson’s NSW has developed an approach which best aligns with connecting carers and the people they care for, with affordable and accessible services.
The NDIS Support Coordinator will assist clients with planning for services, and provide services (such as connection and coordination of services and supports, primarily under the NDIS) to people with living with Parkinson's disease, their families, carers and friends.
- Assist to build the capacity of PNSW to ensure that people living with Parkinson’s can connect with the services to create and achieve the life of their choice
- Assist and support people living with Parkinson’s to transition to the NDIS including advocating for access the NDIS, assistance with the NDIS application process and pre-planning before NDIS meetings.
- Assist to position PNSW as a provider of choice
- Provide case coordination to identified NDIS participants
- Provide direct support coordination services for our NDIS customers
- Attend NDIS planning meetings and liaise with NDIS planners as required
- Create and complete goal setting and outcome plans for customers
- Collaborate with customers, families, providers, medical practitioners and other stakeholders through active engagement in networking events and activities.
- Understanding of the NDIS and assist to build the capacity of NDIS participants and their families in their understanding of the NDIS and how to get the best out of their NDIS plans
- Answer calls coming through the PNSW Infoline providing information and referral
- Support Coordination experience Industry relevant formal qualifications or training in health/social sciences required to provide NDIS support Coordination
- Strong understanding of relevant legislation, NDIS procedural guidelines and the full range of community services.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills
- Good financial acumen including the ability to review and explain financial statements
- Excellent documentation skills including maintaining case records, case planning and incident reporting
- Experience with NDIS admin (service bookings, service agreements, billing through the portal)
- Computer literacy within the Microsoft Office packages
- Have a person centred and outcome focused approach
- Unrestricted NSW driver's licence and access to a comprehensively insured vehicle .
- All staff must obtain and maintain a clear Working with Vulnerable People check in the relevant state jurisdiction and also at a national level.
If this sounds like the role for you please click ‘APPLY’ to send your resume and a brief cover letter outlining your experience and reason for application addressed to Kelli-Ann Sives or email your application to email@example.com. Please feel free to call to discuss on 0401 358 383