$130k inc super, 1 Year fixed term contract with a possibility extension
About the client
The Institute of Public Affairs (IPA) is a not-for-profit organisation committed to enhancing human dignity and flourishing through freedom. They are supported by the voluntary contributions of its more than 6,500 members and $7 million in revenue.
About the role
As the Membership & Marketing Manager, you will manage and mentor a small team whilst focusing on two key areas to support and promote the ambitious growth of the IPA’s membership: (1) Marketing Strategy, Planning & Execution; and (2) Membership Services & Engagement. To achieve the IPA’s membership growth, you will have access to content produced in the IPA’s newly built state-of-the-art media studio in the heart of the Melbourne CBD as a means for membership engagement.
About the person
The ideal candidate will be highly organised and have a passion and keen interest in IPA research. You will be both strategic and creative, be a good people manager and project coordinator, as well as demonstrate an ability to roll up yourselves to get things done. A passion for providing optimal user experience and service delivery is important.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Marketing strategy, planning and execution
- Develop and implement a membership strategy to meet the 2020 membership goals
- Define the IPA’s brand positioning as part of a marketing strategy review
- Work in partnership across the organisation to ensure an integrated approach to marketing and communications that leverages the IPA’s work and prioritises members
- Design and implement prospect, lead, and member journey strategies to create improved conversion and engagement
- Bring innovation to the role for membership marketing and engagement
- Drive member incentives and promotions for campaigns
Membership Services & Engagement:
Oversee the membership team:
- in continually improving renewal systems and communications
- to to ensure membership benefits are delivered in a timely manner, to build membership engagement and satisfaction
- to to encourage membership engagement with existing and prospective members to collect information and feedback that will improve membership offerings and delivery
To be successful you will have:
- A strong background in marketing and campaign management, ideally with a degree in marketing or equivalent
- A strategic and collaborative approach with the ability to drive and grow new members
- Demonstrable experience in managing multiple deadlines
- Ability to create and execute a membership strategy and marketing plan
- A creative flare
- Interest/experience within not-for-profit / membership /marketing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong leadership and team management experience
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fun, professional team who have a genuine passion for what they do. APPLY now! Alternatively, call Louise or Kristina on 02 9093 4925 for more information.
Beaumont People specialises in all areas of NFP recruitment including memberships, fundraising and corporate partnerships.