Marketing and Events Assistant
$50k-$55k + super
About the Client:
Direct Selling Australia (DSA) is the professional industry association for direct selling in Australian retail. DSA represents and supports organisation that manufacture and distribute goods and services sold to consumers directly. At current the association has a membership of approx 60, well-known household brands.
About the Role:
DSA are searching for a sparky Marketing and Events Assistant to join their small yet energetic team. In collaboration with the CEO and Marketing Manager you will take on the responsibility in promoting the Association to a wider audience through various marketing channels. This role will manage social media platforms, produce bi-monthly EDMS, maintain the website, as well as coordinate various major events including digital webinars and the annual conference.
This position is fantastic for an eager individual who is wanting to practically get involved in the execution of marketing end events under the mentorship of strong and aspiring leaders. As this person grows in the role so too will the responsibilities and duties.
About the Person:
The ideal candidate needs to have energy and a proactive nature to be one step ahead. As a small team, they are looking for someone who can roll up their sleeves and get involved in various tasks, as well as contribute innovative ideas to help DSA achieve their business goals. You will have fundamental knowledge of marketing concepts and technical skills.
An individual who demonstrates a creative flare and a level of self-confidence and autonomy is highly desired.
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Maintain and update website content using WordPress
- Assist in the content creation for social media channels to increase branding and presence
- Write copy for DSA’s socials
- Support in the coordination of multiple events, including the annual conferences and webinar program
- Liaise with venue and suppliers including Speakers
- Create marketing collateral to drive attendance to events
- Create and manage event registration forms using an online portal
- Compile content, including relevant news and appropriate articles for regular member newsletters
- Support with ad-hoc administrative duties including answering calls, maintaining office supplies and compiling Board Report
To be successful you will have:
- Qualifications in Marketing, with some experience in practicing marketing
- Experience using WordPress, Campaign Monitor and Adobe Design Suite
- Strong organisation and project management skills
- Excellent attention to detail whilst being innovative, driven and creative
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- A keen interest in learning and developing professional skills
- Demonstrated experience in creating and maintaining website and social media content
Do you think you tick all those boxes and want to work within a small team?
If so, APPLY Now
Interviews will take place between 9th and 16th December with the successful candidate starting in January
Alternatively, call Kristina and Louise on 02 9093 4925 for more information.
Beaumont People specialises in all areas of NFP recruitment including memberships, fundraising and corporate partnerships.