Who we are looking for?
- An enthusiastic person with a heart for working with young people to reach their potential.
- Someone with the 4 ‘P’s. POSITIVE. PROACTIVE. PEOPLE PERSON. PASSIONATE.
- A team player to work as part of a professional team to build a young persons capacity to manage and maintain long term accommodation
- Someone who loves to learn and develop professionally.
- Flexibility and resilient, no two days will be the same and you will need to think outside of the box to find solutions.
We’re looking for a vibrant and energetic team player to join the dynamic team in a NFP in Tamworth.
In this role you will assist young people to gradually develop their skills and knowledge by providing case management support. Doing this within a trauma informed and strengths based framework; To build a young person’s capacity to establish, manage and maintain long term accommodation. (with a particular emphasis on building capacity to establish and maintain share accommodation).
This is a rewarding opportunity for passionate individuals to contribute towards a real difference in the lives of young people.
- At least 2 years’ experience in mentoring young people
- Knowledge of local accommodation sources, options and supports in the region
- Excellent writing and communication skills (mediation, conflict resolution, advocacy)
- Have knowledge and understanding of trauma informed support, along with the issues impacting young people leaving care and their families, particularly in Regional and Aboriginal communities
- Ability to build relationships easily and solve problems
- Be organised and disciplined
- Ability to work flexible hours when required
- Hold a current Working With Children Check and you will be required to undertake a National Criminal History Check
- Full time role for the duration of the fixed term contract.
- Work as part of a team small team with a client focus and opportunity for peer interaction and team-based learning
- Supervision and support to enable you to fulfill the requirements of your role and develop your career path
- The opportunity to utilise flexible work arrangements
- Excellent Salary Sacrificing options
If you are looking for a new role then Apply today! If you would like more information, get in touch with Chloe Barton 02 9133 9322
This role is advertised without a closing date, all applications will be reviewed as they are received so please send your application through A.S.A.P.