I have an exciting permanent job opportunity for an Intermediate-Senior level Legal Secretary to join a national leading Law firm based in the Sydney CBD.
Salary $75K-85K Depending on experience
Full time hours: 8.30am-5.00pm with flexibility
Great Team, Supportive Culture + Benefits on offer for the successful candidate
Due to significant growth and continuous expansion plans our client is seeking an Experienced Legal Secretary to support their Personal Injury Lawyer in the running of their practice with focus on Public Liability and Motor Vehicle Accidents claims.
Core duties will include:
Duties and responsibilities may include drafting correspondence, preparing notice of claims, scheduling appointments and conferences, drafting pleadings, organising and maintaining paper and electronic files of clients, providing information to callers and ensuring the workflow of matters progress.
Tasks may include;
- Update client files with incoming mail and process correspondence accordingly;
- Circulate correspondence according to information received;
- Actively assisting the team to ensure efficient work practices are maintained.
- Liaise with clients, barristers, courts, doctors for information/ scheduling/ provision of information etc;
- Book appointments, conferences, mediations, settlement conferences, conclaves etc
- Prepare files for hearing- briefs, tender bundles, schedules, settlement documents
- Prepare pleadings for district, supreme and federal court- consent order, short minutes, affidavits
- Billing- prepare invoices, trust account authorities
- Drafting of documents such as MAS applications, Pre-filing Statements, application for mediations, letters of demand, statement of claim, statement of particulars, client statements, instruction letters to doctors;
- Draft letters to clients/third parties as necessary
- Diary management
- Ensure workflows for matters are updated and maintained
- Diarise and monitor time limitations
- Ensure matters are closed and prepared for archiving
Skills & Experience required:
Our client is ideally looking for an experienced Legal Secretary to join their team in Sydney. You should have good touch typing skills, a good handle on Outlook and be able to demonstrate that you are well organised and have excellent attention to detail. The successful candidate will have had experience primarily with personal injury claims such as motor vehicle accidents, public liability and some workers compensation. You will have;
- A strong administrative background with excellent typing and document drafting skills.
- A pro-active ability to maintain high quality work with exceptional attention to detail.
- Familiarity with personal injury claims processes (as described above)
- A demonstrated ability to work independently and organise their workload to meet tight deadlines.
- Motivation and communication confidence
- Strong client-facing and communication skills;
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills.
- Diary management and Outlook
If you are a Proactive Legal Secretary ready to make your next career move, please apply via the link today with your updated resume to Claire Sheerin – Beaumont People 0290934941.