Salary: $85-90K+ Super
Full time hours: 8.30am-5.00pm with flexibility
Great Team Culture + Benefits on offer for the successful candidate
Due to continued growth our client is seeking a Senior Legal Secretary to support a top performing lawyer with Medical Negligence & Public Liability matters.
The successful candidate will be assisting the Medical Negligence Practice, joining a hardworking, successful team which celebrates results, growth and team culture.
Core Duties will include:
- Drafting legal correspondence
- Preparing notice of claims
- Drafting ARD’s
- Scheduling appointments and conferences
- Draft pleadings
- Organising and maintain client files
- Managing incoming correspondence and circulate across the practice
- Diary management and billing
- Practice management
- Monitor and review all files regularly - ensure they are up to date
- Liaise with clients, barristers, courts, doctors for information/ scheduling/ provision of information etc
- Book appointments, conferences, mediations, settlement conferences, conclaves etc
- Prepare files for hearing- briefs, tender bundles, schedules, settlement documents
- Prepare pleadings for district, supreme and federal court- consent order, short minutes, affidavits
- Billing- prepare invoices, trust account authorities
- Generate precedent letters
- Other general administration duties as request.
Skills & Experience required:
- Strong legal secretarial experience which must include Personal Injury Claims, Public Liability, Plaintiff, Work Place Injury Damages, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Workers Compensation and or common law industrial accidents
- Excellent typing, document drafting, diary management and outlook skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide high quality work within tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills and compassionate work attitude
If you are an experienced Legal Secretary and ready to make your next career move, please apply via the link today with your updated resume to Claire Sheerin – Beaumont People 0290934941.