- Multiple 2-year contractual role with a leading education provider
- Located in the Sydney CBD close to public transport links
- Salary ranging from $99,000 to $125,000 inclusive of Super
This client is undergoing a large change in their organisation transitioning from the learning management system Blackbaud to Canvas. This position will collaborate and provide guidance to academics in developing and integrating online learning strategies and resources into the student learning experience. The purpose of this change is to engage students in a seamless blended learning of online and face-to-face by integrating new technologies in a creative and interactive way.
This position can be divided into three parts;
- Provide advice and guidance in the transition to a new learning management system Canvas.
- Work collaboratively with the academics to provide advice on blended learning options and give guidance on updating course materials
- Provide training to academics on how to use the new system via one-on-one sessions, drop-in sessions, workshops and general help
Main duties and responsibilities;
- Provide advice, guidance and support for academic staff to enhance their abilities and effective use of the learning management systems and other University support learning systems
- Help produce content that facilitates self-managed learning by staff, such as blog posts, screencasts, animations and other activities to enhance their learning technologies
- Plan and facilitation online and face-to-face sessions for academic staff on the learning management system, and the effective use of technologies
- Design and create sustainable discipline-specific online resources to meet specific learning needs, and further develop academics’ capacity to maintain resources provided
- Work collaboratively with the team to facilitate the implementation of the new learning management system whilst testing issues, and evaluating enhancements
- Support the effective operation of the support hub through event programs, support services, drop in services and other projects
- Manage blended learning and design technology development projects and proactively present learning and teaching needs
The Learning Design and Technology Specialist is expected to work autonomously and demonstrate initiative within broad parameters, this person would influence leaderships skills to lead project teams to deliver specific outcomes.
Skills and qualifications;
- Demonstrated skill in the design and development of technology enable learning resources alongside a relevant University Qualification
- Capacity to work effectively autonomously, as a team and as a leader
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the capacity to work within tight timeframes and budgets
- Knowledge of learning theories and principles relevant to the effective design and implementation of technologies for student learnings; experience with Blackbaud and Canvas is desirable
- Provision of effective support for academics in their use of learning technologies for students and higher education
- Successful management of individual and team-based learning development projects
- 2-year contract with a leading education provider
- Great team culture
- Working with a variety of different stakeholders within the business
- Opportunity to work on an exciting project for a 2-year project
If you are interested, please submit your application below. For further information please do call Claire or Emily, 02 9093 4938.