Full Time Permanent, WFH and in the office
About the client
Grain Growers exists to develop and promote a more profitable and sustainable grains industry for the benefit of Australian grain farmers through policy and advocacy, leadership and events.
About the role
Grain Growers are looking for a Junior Policy Officer who will support and assist the policy team to ensure the organisation continues to advocate and promote agriculture in Australia. This position will monitor and analyse relevant research, prepare reports and briefing papers and contribute to other various advocacy initiatives.
You will also perform various administrative duties and ad-hoc secretariat duties including meeting coordination, minute taking, agenda writing and paper preparation.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be mentored by a high performing and experienced team. This role will offer great exposure and growth opportunities to support professional development.
About the person
You will demonstrate a great work attitude, willing to roll up your sleeves to get the work done. It is important that this person is flexible and can adapt to changes quickly. This position offers scope to grow for an individual that is hungry to succeed. High energy, determination and an interest in agriculture is imperative.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Perform literature reviews, research and create summaries on issues and data in the agriculture sector
- Prepare credible and persuasive arguments including draft recommendations
- Support in drafting correspondence
- Occasionally coordinate committee meetings, prepare background notes, agenda papers, take minutes and distribute post meeting
- Organise round table events
- Assist with other ad-hoc administrative duties for the policy team
To be successful you will have:
- Natural interest in agribusiness and/or and grains industry
- Understanding of the policy development process
- Strong research, analysis, critical thinking and reporting skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple challenging tasks at any given time
- Ability to work with flexibility, entrepreneurship, and diplomacy both individually and as part of a team
- Graduate experience in industry analysis, research or policy administration experience
- An understanding of, and experience working in, agriculture or the grains industry is highly desirable
This is an exciting opportunity to join a great organisation with a strong team culture. APPLY now! Alternatively, call Kristina and Louise on 02 9093 4925 for more information.
Beaumont People specialises in all areas of NFP recruitment including memberships, fundraising and corporate partnerships.