Our client is searching for a sparky junior Finance Office to support their finance team in the day to day financial activities for 22.5 hours per week. You may have completed an internship or have some junior experience, this is a role where you can grow and learn new skills. However you must enjoy working within a finance role, and be comfortable to work autonomously and teach yourself new skills, with the support of your manager.
- Administration of Accounts Payable and Receivable activities
- Adhere and comply with established principles set out within Accounting Procedures and Risk Policy
- Assist Finance team in the preparation of monthly reports and general ledger activities including BAS, statutory schedules and reconciliation
- Support the process of fortnightly payroll and payment of superannuation
- Work with internal and external bodies to consult on financial matters concerning the organisation
- Online accounting system experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of basic accounting principles, processes and current accounting systems and software
- Strong attention to detail and results focused
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times
- Excellent numeracy and analytical skills
- Highly organised and methodical
- Strong ability to prioritise workload, multitask and meet deadlines
- Comfortable talking to members and building a relationship with them quickly.
- Be personable, precise and consistent
- The ability to research and teach yourself, when appropriate
- Strong Excel skills & knowledge
- Ideally experience within the Not-for-Profit sector or membership-based organisations
- Applicable Finance or Accounting qualification / background or experience.
- Knowledge of Xero
Apply today for an immediate start - no notice periods please - our client needs you immediately!