- Inner West location, a short walk from Macdonaldtown train station
- Work with a charity awarded ‘Employer of Choice’ by the Sydney Chamber of Commerce
- Part-time – 22.5 hours over four days a week
About the organisation
The Shepherd Centre is a world-leading charity that specialises in making it possible for children who are deaf or hard of hearing to be able to listen and speak as well as any other child. We aim to provide internationally recognized clinical programs and evidence-based practice, outcomes of children and families; efficiency of our operations; and our ability to connect people with our cause.
The services and processes of The Shepherd Centre are in a heightened time of change, needing to meet the needs of the growing number of new clients to our service, in the changing environment of Australia’s largest disability sector reform in history – The National Disability Insurance Scheme.
The Shepherd Centre has an outstanding work environment, offering flexible working options for all employees, and was recently a finalist for Sydney Chamber of Commerce Business Awards ‘Employer of Choice’.
The role of the Human Resources Advisor is to oversee all aspects of human resources practices and processes of The Shepherd Centre. Reporting into the Director of Operations, this is truly a generalist role in a high performing organisation. The reason for the contract is to allow the current incumbent to work on one of their new and exciting projects.
- Implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy and goals
- Coordinate and manage HR related organizational priorities including end to end recruitment, induction/onboarding and exit management, as well as review and improvement of current HR processes.
- Provide advice on various matters including employment relations, and performance management
- Act as a Return to Work (RTW) Coordinator under Company’s Return to Work Program as required.
- Updating internal HR databases and manage HR inbox and action emails as required.
- Manage and assist with any upcoming HR projects as needed
Skills & Attributes
- Tertiary qualification within a HR or related discipline, proven tenure in a similar role
- Experience with Microsoft products (Office 365, Dynamics 365, Sharepoint, Outlook etc.) and intermediate Excel.
- Approachable and professional, with solid problem-solving and organisational skills including attention to detail and the ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a high-performing team
- Desirable: experience of working in the NFP sector
This role is ideal for someone looking for a part-time role with flexible working hours and a positive, friendly team. You will be working 22.5 hours per week, ideally over 4 days.
All staff at The Shepherd Centre are committed to excellence in our work towards achieving our vision of every child with hearing loss achieving the best-spoken language they are capable of; including fostering a professional, collaborative and passionate work environment.
We welcome applications from people with a disability, including hearing loss.
How to apply
If this sounds like something that you would be interested in, with a cover letter outlining your previous experience and the reason for your application along with your full resume. Applications will be reviewed as they are received, please apply now.
If you have any further questions, please contact Rhonda Newman at firstname.lastname@example.org or Diana Linde at email@example.com.
Beaumont People has been contracted to recruit this role on behalf of the Shepherd Centre, therefore all queries must be directed to Rhonda Newman or Diana Linde at Beaumont People.