- Lismore NSW
- 3 month temporary contract
- Aboriginal Identified Position
Provides a broad range of applicant, tenancy and property management services and advice to clients, advocates and other stakeholders.
- Work directly with clients and their advocates to provide advice and assistance on housing options based on assessment of eligibility and client need and in keeping with relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
- Work collaboratively with internal specialists and external service providers and make referrals where additional support requirements are identified to better meet client needs.
- Manage tenancies and support clients to maintain successful tenancies.
- Support tenancy and community participation initiatives to contribute to harmonious neighbourhoods and stronger communities.
- Manage client information to ensure confidentiality, accuracy and integrity.
- Monitor property condition and facilitate maintenance and minor modifications where necessary to meet client needs.
To be successful for this role you will possess the following:
- Well developed interpersonal skills, including demonstrated capacity to provide a high level of client contact service and the ability to work within a team
- Previous experience within community services
- Advanced computer skills combined with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Capacity to work well within an environment of fluctuating workloads and changing priorities
- Knowledge of office equipment (photocopy and fax machines, overhead projectors, computers and printers) and a capacity to be able to set up and ensure operational efficiency of equipment for staff
- Identify as being aboriginal - must have papers.