Restaurant & Catering Association (R&CA) is the peak industry body representing cafes, restaurants and catering businesses across Australia. The strategic focus is to ensure the hospitality industry remains profitable and sustainable and to continue improving the industry standards in the sector.
About the role
R&CA are searching for a Head of Sponsorship/Partnerships to identify, secure and maintain corporate sponsors and partners at a national level for the benefit of their members. During Covid-19 the brand has positively heightened and the opportunities for partnership have increased with corporate and commercial organisations wanting to support a hard hit sector.
The role requires utilising a clever and creative approach to establish these critical professional relationships. It also involves managing various accounts accordingly to tailor packages to cliental needs, as well creating and negotiating contracts and delivering necessary reports. The individual has set KPI’s and targets which are expected to be met to endorse the R&CA brand.
This position is cross functional and will work alongside various internal stakeholders, therefore collaboration is essential.
About the person
The ideal person for this role must have proven sales/partnership experience, capable in managing commercial strategic relationships. You will be authentic and genuine in your communication and showcase strong adaptability and resilience. Strong attention to detail and accuracy is imperative to draft complicated contracts. The role requires the individual to thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Identify prospects, develop proposals and pitch and present at senior levels
- Negotiate partnerships to completion
- Draft and finalise detailed contracts to ensure best interest of both parties
- Maximise both recruitment of new and retention of existing partners through outstanding stewardship and account management
- Work with state-based Members Managers to maximise success with locally based partners and sponsors
- Assist to identify educational content on key topics in conjunction with partners/sponsors
- Work with CEO and senior management to evolve and maximise the sponsorship's area to optimise for the digital era
To be successful you will have:
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communications skills and sales presentation skills
- Corporate partnerships or commercial sales experience required, reaching financial targets and large scale sponsorship's
- Sophisticated negotiation skills, influencing, persuading and closing
- Flexible, proactive and open minded
- Excellent time management and efficient self-management ability