An exciting chance to create and build a philanthropy program for an innovative and inspiring hospital foundation.
- Develop and implement a three year philanthropy strategy
- Engage directly with a supportive Board of Directors
- Be part of an exciting period of growth and transformation within the Foundation
The Foundation supports a world renowned hospital; raising funds to drive innovation and excellence in patient care, education, research and health promotion. The organisation is entering an exciting phase in support of a new building and is led by an engaged Board of Directors and has new and dynamic leadership within.
About the role
An exciting opportunity exists for the Head of Philanthropy to take ownership for the creation and management of a three year strategy to develop a formal stewardship program for a limited number of current donors and establishing a pipeline of prospective high-net worth individuals, and private trusts and foundations.
The Head of Philanthropy role will be pivotal in driving and unlocking opportunities to achieve fundraising income targets for a capital campaign and medical research and innovation initiatives, working directly with individual professors and clinicians.
The role will develop relationships with a view to securing gifts of significance from major donors and Trusts and Foundations and will plan and manage major donor events and other targeted donor engagement activities.
Providing reports and updates to the Foundation Board, this role is a true opportunity to focus on establishing and accelerating major donor fundraising initiatives from the ground up, contributing to the fundraising targets over the next three years.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- You must be a skilled Fundraiser with proven experience in securing major gifts from high net-worth individuals and trusts and foundations and acquiring high net worth donors
- Can demonstrate the ability to achieve financial targets and has a successful track record
- Superior and persuasive written skills, with the ability to interpret, analyse and adapt complex medical and research information to develop proposals that meet donor requirements
- Understanding and experience of the development and management of the philanthropic grants process
- Experienced in intimate high net worth event management
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills and the ability to ‘make the ask’
- Exceptional presentation skills both in a 1:1 environment and to larger audiences
- An experienced networker and connected with all levels of the community
- Prior experience working with senior executives and boards
- Experience in the health and medical care and research sector is not essential but may be considered favourably
Beaumont People has been contracted to recruit this role on behalf of the client, therefore please direct all enquiries to Rosheen Singh at Beaumont People on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply now via the APPLY button, as applications will be reviewed on an immediate basis.