WWF-Australia - Head of Individual Giving
WWF-Australia is beginning the largest and most innovative wildlife and landscape regeneration program in Australia’s history – a defining moment for the future. Join us and help lead an exponential growth journey to create a world where people live in harmony with nature. Because together, anything is possible. Initial 3 Year Fixed Term Contract.
- Join the world's largest conservation organisation
- National role - Location flexible plus monthly RDO
- Strategic opportunity for an innovative leader to drive ambitious growth plans
About the organisation
WWF's global vision is to stop the degradation of the planet's natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature. WWF-Australia is part of the WWF International Network, the world's leading, independent conservation organisation. We are active in over 100 countries and have close to 5 million supporters internationally. In Australia and throughout the oceanic region, we work with governments, businesses and communities so that people and nature can thrive within their fair share of the planet's natural resources.
WWF's mission is to halt the decline of threatened plants and animals and to support their recovery. We do this by addressing the threats that affect them using the best available science while working in partnership with communities, Indigenous groups, government and business. The world is changing fast. Our wildlife and wild places face unprecedented challenges. The result is people yearn more for nature and are connected with each other like never before. We know that we can achieve more by partnering, sharing, empowering communities, forming alliances and building a movement for the environment. Working together is the answer. It is our goal to bring about this unified voice for nature.
About the role
The Head of Individual Giving leads the generation of financial supporters and revenue via public donations derived from digital and offline campaigns and activities, including Regular Giving, Appeals, Workplace Giving, Bequests, Community and Livestream Fundraising programs. The position plays a key role in shaping and strengthening WWF’s ability to achieve its strategic objectives through the generation, retention and growth of sustainable financial support.
Leading the strategy and setting annual plans to meet WWF’s targets for ambitious year-on-year income growth, this role will support the launch of Australia’s largest and most innovative regeneration project to date.
Reporting directly to the Revenue Development Director, this role contributes to strategic leadership to drive improvement, and will build high performance and drive change through people.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Experience in a fundraising strategic leadership role within a not-for-profit organisation
- Proven people management experience and a track record in creating constructive team cultures
- Excellent financial management and data analysis skills, with experience developing and managing complex budgets and forecasts
- A track record of successfully managing fundraising functions including Regular Giving, Workplace Giving, Appeals, Digital, Bequests and Community Fundraising
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience managing key relationships internally and externally
- Experience representing the organisation at a senior level including reporting and presenting to Boards
- An understanding of innovation methodologies and a champion of innovative thinking in areas of relevance
- An interest in, and commitment to environmental conservation and sustainable development
- Tertiary qualifications in Fundraising, Communications, Business Administration or other relevant degree, or equivalent experience
Ideally you will be an innovative and strategic thinker, have managed a similar, large scale fundraising team, have sound knowledge of digital and excellent financial management and analysis skills. The ideal candidate will be aligned with WWF's vision, mission and I-KODE Values.
WWF values diversity and is building a workforce that reflects the community we serve. WWF is an equal opportunity employer and Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally & linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Beaumont People has been contracted to recruit this role on behalf of WWF, therefore please direct all enquiries to Rosheen Singh at Beaumont People on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 9093 4911.
Please see the job description for further details. Applicants can apply via the Apply Now button below. Please name your documents with last/first name & include: (1) a cover letter/statements against the selection criteria & (2) your resume (CV), including two referees.
Closing Date: 9AM 6 Jan 2021