Manage the external communications strategy, with a focus on effective communications, building the profile of the organisation and managing its reputation. This is a highly influential role leading the media and public affairs strategy and activities to promote the organisation and enhance its reputation.
- Work closely with the Senior Leadership team
- CBD location, with great access to transport links
- Competitive salary package
Work closely with the senior leadership team to manage the external communications strategy. Manage relationships with key stakeholders and external agencies to elevate the organisation’s profile and provide expert advice on media management during times of crisis.
- Lead the development and implementation of the organisation’s media strategy in line with organisation’s missions and vision.
- Create and manage opportunities that elevate and maintain the organisation’s profile in the community.
- Provide specialist expertise across external communications to support internal teams and external groups.
- Provide media training and coaching to senior stakeholders to ensure the organisation is professionally represented in the media.
- Monitor external media trends and coverage, analyse and report on campaigns and apply to the organisation’s media strategy.
- Develop media content, including stories, video, news releases and radio news releases.
- Provide expert advice and management of media during crises and issues and anticipate areas of reputational risks.
Skills & Attributes
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant field, Public Relations, Communications and/or Business.
- Recent and relevant media training and experience, including stakeholder relations and managing complex environments.
- Extensive experience advising strategic communications and crisis management.
- Experience writing press releases, negotiating with media and acting as an official spokesperson.
- Skilled at cultivating and maintaining relationships with media and other influential professionals.
- Exceptional communication skills - excellent writing, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Previous experience working for a NFP organisation is extremely desirable.
Please apply as soon as possible to Rosheen Singh as applications will be reviewed on an immediate basis.
Beaumont People Not for Profit has been contracted to recruit this role. Beaumont People NFP specialise in delivering unparalleled permanent and temporary recruitment solutions to the Not for profit sector.