Our client is a global financial services business with a small size entity in Australia. Reporting to the HR Manager this is a true HR Generalist advisory role working in partnership across the business to provide expert guidance, advice and support in day to day HR services as well as more complex People matters. In addition, this role will have a strong strategic development and improvement focus and will contribute to People and Culture Strategy, initiatives and projects.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Provision of day-to-day generalist HR operational support across the full end to end employment cycle functions
- Preparation of employment contracts, letters and HR correspondence and provide advice to managers and staff on general HR matters as required
- Provide advice and support to staff and managers on general HR function matters e.g. entitlements, visas, performance management, recruitment etc.
- Recruitment and selection activities e.g. conduct phone screening, interviews, reference checks, assessments, offers etc. as required
- Develop and ensure HR policies, procedures, checklists, templates are reviewed regularly, maintained and assist in the development of new policies as required
- Manage, maintain and first point of contact for HRIS (PeopleSoft), ATS and other HR systems and develop, update and provide systems training
- Keep up-to-date with legislation, HR industry developments, news and innovations and provide suggestions from these
- General HR Administration and other relevant duties as required
To be successful in this role you will have :
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively consult, negotiate and influence across a range of stakeholder groups
- Ability to build strong working partnerships with managers and staff
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise duties in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Impeccable organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise own workload and deliver to tight deadlines
- Cultural sensitivity and understanding
- Operated with discretion and understands the need for confidentiality
- High attention to detail
- High emotional intelligence
- Sound understanding and experience in contemporary People/HR practices and the confidence to provide HR policy advice.
- Performance management, ER/IR knowledge and experience. As well as sound knowledge and understanding of employment legislation and statutory requirements and principles
- Recruitment, selection, onboarding and induction experience
HOW TO APPLY
If this role appeals to you, please do submit your resume below.