- Looking to join a meaningful workplace
- Full time, permanent position
- Organisation that exists to support & inspire young people
- Beautiful working environment based only 25 minutes from the famous beaches of Byron Bay
The school is nestled among the green hills of the Byron Shire hinterland with 650 students from K to 12, playgroups, a registered Preschool as well as a working farm and Trade Skills Centre.
Shearwater provides a living, integrated education inspired by anthroposophy, in which a focus on the development of the whole human being is supported by a conscious connection to place and time. Their school environment is designed to cultivate every child’s inner life of imagination, creativity and enthusiasm for academic challenge and physical activity.
The Role of HR Manager
Reporting to the Head of Operations, who has a dual responsibility to lead the school with Head of Education, you will confidently lead all generalist and operational HR practices. As HR Manager, you will provide advice, direction and solutions to the Executive team and key employees across the school according to Shearwater’s ethos and principles.
- Effective workforce planning
- Ensure all industrial & compliance requirements are met
- Coaching & support relating to HR & IR to key team members
- Provide insights to support continuous improvement in HR systems & processes
- Prepare reports & information to deliver to regulatory bodies & the Board
- High quality recruitment
- Induction, orientation & engagement process for all new staff
- Oversee Work Cover claims & lead Return to Work objectives
- Hold the vision to make the School an employer of choice in the region
- Demonstrated experience in a HR Manager position in a medium sized organisation
- Tertiary Educated in a relevant field
- Self - motivated & able to work in a fast paced environment with competing demands
- Ability to be hands on, as this is a stand-alone HR management role
- Confidence working with CRM systems & Microsoft Office software
- Clear & concise written & verbal communication skills
- Experience coaching & motivating others to resolve problems
- Possess strong conflict resolution skills
- Willingness to acquire an understanding of Steiner education
- Knowledge & understanding of the education industry would be highly regarded
Please send your up to date resume & a covering letter outlining your demonstrated experience in a similar role & your reason for applying to Rebecca@beaumontpeople.com.au
Or call Rebecca Robinson for a confidential discussion on 02 9133 9322.
Please note: Beaumont People have been engaged to manage this recruitment process, all enquiries must be directed to Rebecca (detailed above).
The closing date for this role with be Wednesday 1st May, 5pm. Please do not delay, applications will be reviewed prior to this date and shortlisting will commence.
We looking forward to hearing from you!