$100k - $120K + super
About the client
The Australasian Sonographers Association (ASA) is the peak body for sonographers in Australasia. They work as a leading voice representing and advocating for the profession of sonography with a vision to see ‘that a Sonographer is known as the expert in ultrasound across the community.’
About the role
As the General Manager of Communication and Digital Marketing this role is ideal for an individual that displays strategic thinking and leadership. This role will manage a team of 2 to develop and deliver on the strategic intent of the organisation through the execution of relevant content on various platforms.
The successful person will need to be proactive and enjoy working collaboratively to plan, manage, implement, oversee and report on the communication and marketing.
About the person
The ideal candidate will need to display ‘outside the box’ thinking presenting innovative and creative strategies to drive the success of ASA. You will be a self-stater capable to work autonomously and manage a team. It requires an individual with strong written and verbal communication who can roll up their sleeves and work to increase awareness of ASA.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Strategy & Planning
- Develop and drive the communication and digital marketing strategy to increase the profile of ASA
- Budgeting and reporting
- Develop and implement a media and publicity strategy
Publishing and Marketing Content
- Create and oversee content ensuring it is relevant to the appropriate audience
- Ensure messages are aligned across all platforms
- Identify areas of improvements and online trends in the digital space
- Oversee the website and update the content
- Analyse and report on the data of the performance across all digital platforms
- Understanding of SEO and SEM principles
- Experience and proven performance in leading a Communication and Marketing team, ideally within the NFP/health space
- Demonstrate experience in growing brand awareness
- Proven ability to design and implement a national strategy across all areas of Communication and Marketing
- Ability to handle multiple projects
- Superior verbal and written communication
- Ability to take a practical, pragmatic and “hands on” approach
- Superior attention to detail while demonstrating creative flair and good judgement
- Proficient in MailChimp, Burst SMS, Google Analytics, Wordpress, PDF Editor, Facebook Business, Hootsuite.