A career defining role for an ambitious fundraising leader to surpass income targets year on year to fund vital research, drive clinical excellence and improve patient experience across the Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network.
- A sector leading philanthropy program investing in multiple children’s hospitals
- Report directly to the CEO and oversee a team of 30
- Contribute strategically as a member of the Executive Leadership Team
Sydney Children’s Hospitals Foundation’s vision is a world where every child receives the best health care, when and where they need it. The Foundation believes all children deserve the best possible care from expert practitioners who have access to the latest technology and whose knowledge is enriched by cutting-edge research.
Established over 30 years ago, the Foundation has contributed almost $200 million to support sick children and their families. In 2018 the fundraising portfolio expanded to include all the paediatric services within Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network including; Kids Research, Bear Cottage, The Newborn and paediatric Emergency Transport Service (NETS), Sydney Children’s Hospital Randwick and The Children’s Hospital at Westmead.
About the role
While this role is responsible for teams and portfolios across multiple locations, there is a key focus on Greater Western Sydney. As the fastest growing population in NSW the requirement for world class paediatric healthcare is also rapidly increasing. The General Manager, Philanthropy will build upon connections and donor relationships in this critical growth area to enable the continuation of investment in this community.
Working as a member of the Executive Leadership Team, the GM, Philanthropy is responsible for ensuring the development and achievement of SCHF’s vision, goals and Key Performance Indicators. As a member of the ELT, this role will have the opportunity to directly support the CEO and contribute to organisational wide strategy, whilst managing the philanthropy division autonomously.
As the most senior fundraising professional in the organisation, the GM, Philanthropy is responsible for developing and delivering the philanthropy program, which includes the development and implementation of strategies to deliver high revenue targets. Your philanthropy portfolio with include major gifts, capital campaigns, bequests, trusts and foundations and the art program.
With 6 direct reports and a total headcount of 30 in the Philanthropy team, this position plays a crucial role in inspiring, developing, and leading a high performing, results focussed team and donor centric culture. It is also imperative to ensure that the systems, processes and work practices of the teams support the Foundation operating as one fundraising organisation across multiple sites.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- You will come with some attachment to the Greater Western Sydney area, such as being born, raised, educated or working and have local connections in this exciting growth area
- You must be an expert Fundraiser with an authentic approach and personal experience soliciting large gifts within complex philanthropy portfolios
- Evidenced success in meeting and exceeding substantial revenue targets for a broad portfolio including Capital Campaigns, Trusts & Foundations and Major Gifts
- Proven ability to effectively lead, empower, manage, mentor and develop an expansive and diverse team working across multiple locations
- The ability to strategically think and contribute as an Executive Leadership Team member and act collaboratively to achieve results
- High level experience in developing and implementing strategic and operational plans, policies and procedures that deliver agreed outcomes
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the demonstrated capacity to develop targeted relationships, optimising your extensive networks and contacts
- Professional sales skills including prospecting, networking, influencing, negotiating and closing
- Expert written and oral communication skills, including the ability to write quality cases for support/ pitches and excellent presentation skills
Beaumont People has been contracted to recruit this role on behalf of the client, therefore please direct all enquiries to Rosheen Singh at Beaumont People on email@example.com