Join this fantastic organisation providing support for over 200 years to the sick, the poor and some of Australia’s most marginalised and disadvantaged people. You will manage the Fundraising CRM database and assist with fundraising appeals.
- Fantastic CBD location
- Competitive salary packaging
- Work for an organisation with a strong mission
This organisation is inspired by helping people in need every day. They reach out to all faces of Australia—from children, families and the elderly, to those struggling with homelessness, addiction, mental health, financial or domestic challenges.
They are supported by almost 4,000 volunteers providing 102,757 hours of service, all working together to make a difference in the lives of others every day.
This an important role to support the fundraising team in maintaining the integrity of their CRM database, allowing the team to provide excellent donor care and increase revenue. You will also provide vital reports and assist with fundraising appeals and activities.
- Accurately maintain records within the CRM database.
- Provide essential reports to track communications and further donor activities, to support the fundraising team in maintaining and growing the donor base.
- Speak with donors on the phone to support on any queries or questions.
- Implement procedures to maintain the highest quality of data, in line with compliance and legislations and conduct audits to uphold integrity.
- Develop and implement database coding and ensure team training on database usage.
- Extract donor lists and ensure relevant analysis is conducted (e.g. to determine campaign performance, acquisition rates, attrition / retention, donor profiles, return on investment and giving trends).
- Assist the roll out of direct mail campaigns/ appeals and run regular reports to assist with tracking of DM activity, to improve outcomes.
- Liaise with third parties regarding database upgrades and communicate with team.
- Experience in database management preferably ThankQ or similar CRM systems.
- Confidence to speak with donors on the phone.
- Experience in the NFP sector, fundraising activities and specialising in individual and/or regular giving.
- Proven track record of data analysis to achieve results in a fundraising or direct marketing environment.
- Highly organised, with the ability multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Skilled at building working relationships and managing internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent computer literacy and knowledge of best practice.
Please apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed on an immediate basis.
Beaumont People Not for Profit has been contracted to recruit this role. Beaumont People NFP specialise in delivering unparalleled permanent and temporary recruitment solutions to the Not for profit sector.