Customer Owned Banking Association (COBA) is leading advocacy for a more competitive retail banking sector and a champion of the benefits of the customer owned model.
Purpose of the position:
To plan, organise and deliver the Association's finance and accounting functions, systems and information and manage the delivery of services by outsourced providers where applicable. Implement process improvements and work alongside Operations Manager to ensure smooth running of the Association. Will suit somebody who loves making a difference in a small team.
- Flexible work environment in a small team of passionate people
- Supportive, stable team of people who love delivering for their members
- Community based environment championing customer owned banking model
- Member focused organisation
About the Accountant role:
- General Ledger Maintenance including Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet items
- Payroll processing, accounts payables and receivables, cashflow and investments management, maintaining fixed asset registers
- Month end reconciliations
- Month end Management packs preparation
- Year-end financial reporting
- Liaise with external auditors – for year end audit and annual financial report
- Undertake financial compliance and risk management
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies, procedures and controls;
- Implement and maintain internal controls for finance functions
- Process improvement
- CPA/CA qualified
- 3-5 years experience in technical accounting, preferably in financial services or banking
- Demonstrable process improvement experience
- Strong financial literacy and understanding of financial risk and controls
- High level of computer and IT literacy, including use of excel and MYOB EXO
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop reports and analysis appropriate for organisational leadership
- Strong data and information management abilities
- Strong attention to detail and capacity to work effectively under time pressures
- Ability to take the initiative and work independently
- Good team player, proactive
- Dependable, reliable, and excellent organisational, time management skills and ability to multi-task
If this sounds like the perfect role for you please APPLY NOW! Alternatively, call Hannah on 02 9093 4925 for more information.
Beaumont People specialises in all areas of NFP recruitment including memberships, fundraising and corporate partnerships.