Finance and Operations Manager
- Work with a passionate and collaborative team
- Based in the North Sydney area – close to multiple transit options
About the organisation
Heart Research Australia is a national health charity, that raises vital funds for researchers to conduct ground-breaking research into the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of heart disease.
About the role
- Assist with the preparation of Board and Finance & Audit Committee (FAC) meeting papers
- Liaise with Honorary Treasurer on the preparation of quarterly financial statements
- Review Quarterly BAS Statements for Lodgement and Payment of Monthly IAS prepared by external accountants, assist Honorary Auditors with the annual audit process
- Manage staff records including holiday & sick leave; review and maintain HR policies and procedures
- Manage requirements for remote/hybrid working arrangements and general office administration
- Provide key operational support across the broader team – from applying for fundraising licenses to providing fundraising reports from the Salesforce database, to ad hoc IT inquiries and more
- Manage a small team of a part-time Finance Officer and an IT Specialist
The successful candidate
- Will need to be a flexible team player, who's solutions focused and comfortable working in a small team, and able to work effectively in a remote environment
- Has financial qualifications in accounting, or book-keeping and previous experience in finance/office management. Understands current workplace laws and regulations
- Is action-orientated, with strong time management skills
- Is tech-savvy, an Excel whiz, and able to troubleshoot common IT issues – Salesforce experience is highly desirable
- Has not-for-profit experience (with exposure to, or knowledge of Salesforce and the principles of fundraising)
Why work for Heart Research Australia?
- Collaborative, friendly, and supportive team culture
- Work with a manager who invests in, and supports their people
How to Apply
If this sounds like you, please apply directly through the link – with a tailored cover letter outlining your interest in, and suitability for, the role.
Beaumont People have been retained to recruit this role on behalf of Heart Research Australia - please direct all questions to Diana Linde at email@example.com.
Please apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed on an immediate basis.