- Permanent, full – time role – available IMMEDIATELY
- Previous accounts/payroll experience required
- Based in Sydney Olympic Park, close to multiple transit options
About the Organisation
Lifestart has provided quality services for over 20 years to people living with disability, and their families and carers. Their mission is to build inclusive communities for children and young people.
Lifestart places the person with a disability at the center of all decision making and planning to support the achievement of their goals. Their highly skilled and multi-disciplinary teams work to form a partnership with children and young people, their families, and their carers, to assist and empower them to participate meaningfully and inclusively in the community.
About the role
The successful applicant will report to the Chief Financial Officer and will be a part of a small but high performing finance team. The Finance Officer is accountable for efficient, effective, and consistent operations within the team.
- Liaise with the Human Resources team on all payroll matters
- Process the organisation’s payroll, reimbursements, and mileage claims on a fortnightly basis and provide the required reporting as needed
- Process superannuation contributions, and ensure employee leave and salary packaging records are maintained and up to date
- Prepare and reconcile monthly PAYG as well as the annual Fringe Benefits Tax return, ensuring compliance to required timeframes
- Send notifications to the Australian Taxation Office through Single Touch Payroll
- Process end of month transactions, reconciliations, and reporting, maintain and review asset registers
- Review of GST transactions and preparation of the BAS statement, and assist with the annual audit
- Working with Children Check and National Police Records Check required
- Be an expert using MYOB (or similar accounting software) and Microsoft Excel
- Previous experience in a similar role in the not-for-profit sector is highly desirable
- High level of confidentiality
- Familiarity with government grants and accountability requirements
- Work for a highly regarded not-for-profit – enjoy meaningful work
- Attractive salary package
- Join a collaborative team and work in a supportive environment
- Excellent location with transit nearby and parking on-site
How to Apply
If this sounds like something that you would be interested in, please apply with a cover letter outlining your previous experience and the reason for your application along with your full resume.
If you have any further questions, please contact Diana Linde at firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no closing date for this role, all applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Beaumont People has been contracted to recruit this role on behalf of Lifestart, therefore all queries must be directed to Diana Linde at Beaumont People.