- Based in Randwick – multiple transit options nearby
- Manage a high performing Finance Team
- Full-time permanent role – newly restructured
About the Organisation
Children’s Cancer Institute is the only medical research institute in Australia wholly dedicated to curing childhood cancer and one of the leading medical childhood cancer research institutes worldwide. Our vision is to save the lives of all children with cancer and improve their long-term health, we don’t just hope to do it, we will do it; and we’re looking for the brightest minds to help us get there.
Children’s Cancer Institute provides the best possible environment for our staff with state-of-the-art facilities at the Lowy Cancer Research Centre, UNSW Australia – one of the leading cancer research centres in the world.
About the Role
The Finance Manager will lead the transactional, accounting and financial reporting for the Institute. The role will deliver monthly financial reporting and year-end statutory accounts.
The core focus of this role is to manage the Financial Accounting and general ledger systems. Working with the Senior Accounting team and reporting into the Head of Finance, you will ensure effective financial controls and systems and lead a small team.
- Lead and mentor a Financial Operations team
- Ownership of Month-end reporting, Balance Sheet reporting, Fixed Asset Management, Cash Flow reporting, and Cash Forecasting
- Drive completion of statutory accounts and audits, with compliance
- Responsible for the controls environment via policies and procedures, and integrity and quality control of the general ledger
- Champion continuous improvement in financial controls, policies, and procedures and operational efficiencies
- Lead the provision of commercial and strategic support to the Institute and Leadership team in relation to financial targets, efficiency, and delivery of key business priorities
- Demonstrated experience managing statutory account preparation
- Ability to capture in the written word the financial story to various stakeholders
- Ability to thrive in a changing environment
- Experience in leading teams and a passion for people management
- Strong ability to communicate and present to the Leadership Team
- CA/CPA qualification
- Strong systems and continuous improvement experience
You will have a strong ability to review systems and processes, lead and develop a performing team and to implement process improvements.
How to Apply
To be considered for this position please apply now with your resume and a tailored cover letter (video cover letters are optional and always welcome).
Beaumont People has been retained to work on this role on behalf of CCIA, please direct all inquiries to Diana Linde, email@example.com at Beaumont People
There is no closing date for this role, please apply as soon as possible as all applications will be reviewed as they are received.