- Financial and Management Accountants- Welcome to apply!
- Sydney CBD location – minutes walk from public transport
- 6 month contract!
- Support a leading not for profit organization in the preventative mental health space
batyr is a highly regarded not for profit organization that is created and driven by young people, for young people. Their purpose is to eliminate the stigma surrounding mental health and empower young people to reach out for support.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for overseeing the day to day financial operations of batyr. Working closely with both the CEO and Head of Partnerships, the Finance Manager will continuously monitor and evaluate financial performance and will comfortable providing reports and presentations to senior stakeholders.
The role will also be responsible for managing a direct report in supporting the finance functions in the organization.
- Manage a direct report who is responsible for bookkeeping, month end and payroll functions
- Compile monthly management reports, including profit and loss, balance sheet, and cash flow (noting any variances to budget), as well as Bi-monthly reporting to the Finance Committee and Board
- Develop and maintain financial models to ensure accurate costings for batyr’s programs and ad hoc projects
- Prepare annual and project budgets and ensure that actuals are recorded and monitored in line with this each month
- Prepare year-end financial statements and lead the annual audit process and continually improve financial processes, procedures, and policies
- Manage compliance with Australian Accounting Standards and relevant legislation
To be successful you will have:
- 5+ years’ experience in accounting
- CA or CPA qualification
- Experience using Xero and/or other financial systems
- Experience preparing management reports for senior management and Board
- Experience developing and managing budgets and forecasts
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with a high level of discretion
- Outstanding communication, both oral and written, and be confident in explaining complex financial detail to all levels of stakeholders
How to apply
If this sounds like something that you would be interested in, please apply with a cover letter outlining your previous experience and the reason for your application along with your full resume. If you have any further question, please contact Rhonda Newman at email@example.com
There is no closing date for this role, all applications will be reviewed as they are received, and successful applicants will be contacted.
Beaumont People has been contracted to recruit this role on behalf of Batyr, therefore all queries must be directed to Rhonda Newman at Beaumont People.