Our client is a global manufacturing/warehousing business which services a variety of clients across Australia and New Zealand. They have a reputable brand and a positive culture, and as a result of ongoing business success they are now seeking a Facilities and WHS Advisor.
In this role, you will act as the subject matter expert for all facilities, health and safety-related matters reporting into Head of Operations and partner closely with the Warehouse Manager.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring that the organisation meets its compliance and statutory obligations in relation to all WHS matters
- Actively aims to reduce the occurrence of potential incidents and accidents in the organisation
- Works with managers and heads of departments on safety plans and their performance in the reduction of potential incidents and accidents
- Develops strategies, policies and processes in all matters related to WHS
- Responsible for the administration and maintenance of safety, including worker’s compensation and return to work
- Investigates any serious injuries, illnesses and/or dangerous occurrences, and report findings to site and senior management,
- Represents the organisation in all WHS related matters with the support of management
- Monitors industry & legislative developments in WHS, informing and advising management as necessary
- Ensures ongoing compliance with safety procedures and practices on site and associated work sites across Australia. This role will require to travel from time to time
- Actively participates in WHS, Risk Identification & Continuous improvement activities
- Manages all facilities requests and partner with subcontractors when needed
- Manages the budget allocated to facilities
- Handles maintenance and simple repairs
We are currently seeking an energetic, collaborative and highly hands-on Work Health & Safety and Facilities Lead to drive the safe work agenda across the business.
You will be a proactive hands-on Specialist who is comfortable walking around buildings and warehouse undertaking inspections and training.
Previous experience and qualification include
- Tertiary level Work Health and Safety credentials required
- Sound experience in a Facilities / WHS related role in a multi-site environment;
- Experience working in warehousing environment ideally from construction, manufacturing, retail or facilities management sectors
- Strong understanding of WHS legislation, Regulatory Frameworks and peak bodies
- Demonstrate a hands-on, operationally focused approach to WHS,
- Practical understanding of the challenges facing facilities, production and safety stakeholders, and an ability to manage those
- Prior experience in ISO accreditation preferable
- Experience conducting incident investigations, including liaison with regulatory agencies
- Excellent communication, consultation and negotiation skills
Are you looking to join a large and stable organisation that supports its employees, provides opportunities for growth? If you are an WHS professional with the drive to succeed and prosper in a challenging role, then this may be the role for you!