TheMHS Learning Network has been at the forefront of driving and maintaining connections between research and practice in mental health and recovery across Australia and New Zealand through its annual conference and summer forum.
As Executive Director you will lead a team to deliver on key strategic outcomes:
- Ensure TheMHS continues to stimulate debates that challenge the boundaries of present knowledge and ideas about mental health services and systems.
- Implement innovations in products or business that increase the relevance and reach of TheMHS with a particular focus on utilizing technology.
- Strengthen existing relationships with an understanding of mutual needs and interests in the relationship with TheMHS and develop new partnerships.
- Develop a stakeholder engagement strategy that will continue to develop an evolving, stable and engaged mental health community encompassing clinicians, peer workers, consumers, carers, researchers and policy makers.
- Demonstrated leadership and management experience leading a values based organisation in mental health services and/or health and workforce education
- Contemporary experience of, or an understanding of, the current issues facing mental health services and the mental health sector in Australia and New Zealand, ideally with graduate/post graduate qualifications in health, education, mental health or workforce education.
- Proven ability to influence and develop strategic partnerships and take collaborative action that leads to change.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a collaborative and team-focused leadership style and excellent people management skills.
- Demonstrated experience in governance, budget preparation, contract negotiation and managing the day to day operations of the business.
- Availability to travel interstate.
- A Chair and Board committed to the evolution of TheMHS to ensure it maintains its position as a thought leader in improving mental health services.
- A positive, respectful and collegiate culture.
- Modern offices located in Balmain.
- 21 hours per week.
If you are looking for a unique opportunity, please apply by sending a covering letter outlining what you would bring to the role and a resume detailing your experience to Liska Turner at email@example.com
To request a full position description please email Liska Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 26 March 2020.
To submit an application please click APPLY. Applications will be assessed on receipt and shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.