Lead & empower a global environmental charity’s philanthropy and corporate partnership team in an executive position, during a period of significant growth and investment.
- Strategic opportunity to continue the growth of a passionate team
- Focused on growing funding for conservation efforts across Australia
- Sydney or Melbourne location
This organisation is dedicated to conservation efforts across the world, from climate change to conserving land and oceans, to making places to live more sustainable. Working in over 50 countries, they have been supporting conservation initiatives in Australia for 20 years.
About the role
The Executive Director, Philanthropy & Engagements is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the philanthropy and partnerships function, which will secure significant financial resources to support conservation goals. This role reports to the Australia Managing Director and serves as an essential member of the leadership team.
The Executive Director is responsible for the strategic growth of the philanthropy and partnerships program, including major gifts, planned giving, trust and foundations and corporate giving programs.
The organisation have significant growth plans across the philanthropy space and you will have a proven track record in growing revenue year on year within this space. You will be a leader who is ambitious and driven by the idea of growing the $10m portfolio from day one.
This role will also be responsible for a personal portfolio of major and principal gift prospects and will focus on leading others to cultivate and solicit major, principal, and planned gifts. The Executive Director will build, strengthen and nurture strong relationships with the most generous supporters, whilst researching, identifying and cultivating new prospects to build an international pipeline with the goal of securing significant gifts and long-term pledges from the donor portfolio.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- A history of success in leading and managing teams, including an inspirational and collaborative leadership style
- Success in the development, implementation, and evaluation of a philanthropy strategy
- Extensive experience in a senior fundraising role with successful track record in income generation
- Experience asking for and closing major gifts and building and maintaining long-term relationships with major donors, foundations and corporations
- Track record in delivering on a strategy that provides year on year revenue growth of a portfolio in line with ambitious targets
- Highly developed communication, influencing and relationship building skills, including the ability to inspire and connect with people
- Big-picture thinker, with the ability to create innovative strategies
- Creative solution-focused thinking, resourceful and entrepreneurial
- Solid financial management and budgeting experience
- Demonstrated commitment to the environment and ability to critically engage with scientists, conservationists, communities and donors
Beaumont People has been contracted to recruit this role on behalf of the client, therefore please direct all enquiries to Rosheen Singh at Beaumont People on firstname.lastname@example.org