The Mortgage & Finance Association of Australia (MFAA) is the NFP national peak member organisation for professional mortgage and finance brokers, mortgage managers and aggregators.
MFAA fosters a positive culture embodied by their values; Customer Focus, Listening, Integrity and Trust, Negotiating, Ethics and Values, Drive for Results, Problem Solving and Innovation Management.
About the role
MFAA are recruiting for an Excellence Awards Officer on a 6-month contract to support the Events and Marketing team to deliver on the 2020 awards program. The role involves project managing an extensive program that includes 21 awards per state, in addition to the National Excellence Awards.
The successful candidate will source and assign judges to awards, coordinate registrations, audit applications, support in organising seating plans, as well as assist with any other ad-hoc tasks required. This position is hands on, dynamic and requires a proactive approach. The role has scope to grow in responsibility should the individual demonstrate capability to do so.
About the person
The perfect candidate will have previous experience managing events and/or awards programs. You will take direction and mange up to support the marketing and events team to deliver on the strict deadlines. The individual must display project management skills and be open minded to implement and improve processes to enhance the program. Strong attention to detail is essential.
- Managing the MFAA awards program and provide support to other key events
- Nurturing key relationships with internal and external stakeholders that include; sponsors, nominees, nominators, key speakers.
- Managing the nominations and acceptance process from start to finish, ensuring nominations meet award criteria.
- Conducting due diligence processes for all nominees, communicating with external stakeholders at various levels.
- Coordinating logistics of the event including ticketing, seating plan and scripting of MC.
- Proven success and experience planning and executing events, preferably awards programs in the not-for-profit, government, and community sectors
- Superior project management skills with strong attention to detail
- The ability to develop valuable and engaging relationships with all internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to manage relationships with key stakeholders at various levels
- An understanding of marketing would be beneficial
- A sound knowledge of the finance sector is not essential but highly desired
If you feel you meet the above criteria please APPLY now! Alternatively, contact Kristina or Louise on 02 9093 4925 for more information.
Beaumont People specialises in all areas of NFP recruitment including memberships, fundraising and corporate partnerships