Sydney Mechanic's School of Arts (SMSA)
$80k plus super
About the client
The Sydney Mechanic’s School of Arts is the oldest operating School of Arts in Australia. It operates the longest-running lending library in Australia and offers a robust public program of talks, readings, seminars, and screenings covering topics in health, music, history, mystery and crime novels, poetry, travel, science and current affairs. They also offer venue and room hire to its members.
About the role
We are working in partnership with SMSA to recruit an Events and Marketing Specialist to join their small and collaborative team. This role is front-facing, engaging with members through promoting and delivering a range of events. Working in conjunction with the CEO you will be responsible to bring forth new ideas to develop and execute a marketing and communication strategy, with a focus on digital/online and collaborative partnerships that will support SMSA’s membership growth.
About the person
SMSA seeks an innovative individual who can demonstrate ideas that are forward-thinking and challenge the norm. You must be a self-starter with a confident personality. This is the role for someone who can roll up their sleeves and get involved in the day to day execution of events and marketing.
In collaboration with the subcommittee and CEO…you are the events and marketing team!
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Promote and deliver a diverse range of events and activities
- Work in consultation with the Innovation and Programs Committee to engage speakers and develop the initiative to increase new membership and retention
- Coordinate, develop and execute a marketing and communication plan
- Create marketing collateral to support the promotion of SMSA brand
- Manage and promote the SMSA website and social media
- Delivery of internal and external communication including social media, web content, e-news
- Contribute to the development of the budget
- Previous experience in events management and/or program delivery
- Outstanding organisational and event coordination skills
- A high-level initiative, attention to detail and strong interpersonal skills
- A can-do attitude, the ability and willingness to take on any task
- Ability to build and maintain relationships across all levels and externally
- Strong Microsoft Office, WordPress Adobe and social media skills
Beaumont People specialises in all areas of NFP recruitment including memberships, fundraising and corporate partnerships.