A highly desirable and prestigious not for profit, professional membership organisation who are recognised as the leaders in world class governance training and development.
About the role:
As the Events Coordinator & Guest Relations you will act as the host and first point of contact for events, courses and initiatives recognised both nationally and internationally. You will also support and ensure the operational excellence of the Business Centre and Member Lounge. This role is fundamental in ensuring members, guests and clients have a positive experience with the organisation.
This role requires flexible working hours to accommodate program schedule and interstate time zones.
About the person:
The ideal candidate must demonstrate confidence and professionalism to work in an outward facing role. You will be passionate about delivering a positive customer experience and have strong capabilities in engaging and communicating with highly regarded individuals. This person must be enthusiastic, a problem solver and also able to manage competing priorities.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with management and team leaders to implement deliverables concerning events, courses, roadshows and other yearly initiatives
- Prepare and coordinate end to end event logistics including liaising with suppliers, venues, presenters and catering
- Support members, guests and client’s with registrations, briefs, course notes and agendas
- Act as primary contact and engage with all participants answering all queries and escalating complaints when needed
- Host all participants at face-to-face and/or virtually delivered events
- Maintain accurate records and administrative task, monitor invoices and raise purchase orders
- Conduct site visits including the completion of WHS inspections as required
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders to ensure appropriate support
- Support the management of the Business Centre and Member Lounge including reception, administration, guest enquiries and security, catering and maintenance
To be successful you will have:
- Certificate 4 in Training and Education or equivalent related experience is desirable
- Previous experience in customer relations and/or managing professional stakeholders
- Demonstrable understanding of managing budgets, invoicing and reporting
- Strong organisation and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple competing deadlines
- Confidence and strong interpersonal skills and engage with all levels of stakeholders
- Presentation and public speaking skills
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU HAVE A WHV.You can also contact Jo or Kristina on 02 9093 4925 for more information.
Beaumont People specialises in all areas of NFP recruitment including memberships, fundraising and corporate partnerships.