- Darlinghurst, city location, close to Kings Cross station and other public transport
- High performing team
- Competitive salary packaging
About the Garvan Research Foundation
Garvan Research Foundation is the marketing and fundraising arm of the Garvan Institute of Medical Research and provides financial support to the Institute's medical research programs.
The fundraising activities allow Garvan's scientists to continue contributing to knowledge which will ultimately lead to earlier diagnosis, better disease management, new therapies and prevention or cure of a range of diseases.
- Provide end to end logistical support to Garvan Research Foundation events, including seminars, tours, on-site catering and large-scale donor functions.
- Create run sheets, develop risk assessments and provide post event analysis.
- Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers, liaise with internal teams and key stakeholders.
- Be the first point of call for all requests and enquiries regarding events, such as answering phones calls and emails.
- Maintain an up to date and accurate donor database, to assist in the engagement of supporters.
Skills & Attributes
- A tertiary qualification in Events, Fundraising, Marketing, or Communications will be highly regarded.
- Previous experience in event coordination and building relationships with high-end stakeholders.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage time effectively and work to deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication, both written and verbal.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to use initiative and problem solve.
- Flexibility and adaptability – multi-tasking skills are a must.
- The ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Excellent database skills, Raisers Edge is highly desirable.
- Unrestricted Australian Driver’s License.
- Availability for occasional after-hours work
Shonagh Dimmick. Please apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed on an immediate basis.
Beaumont People Not for Profit has been contracted to recruit this role. Beaumont People NFP specialise in delivering unparalleled permanent and temporary recruitment solutions to the Not for profit sector.