The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists (RANZCO) is a not-for-profit professional medical organisation, that is responsible for the training and professional development of ophthalmologists in Australia and New Zealand.
This is a temporary ongoing role that may have the potential to become permanent. As the Education Manger – Assessments and Examination you will manage and work to improving the assessments and exams for RANZCO’s training program. You will play an integral part in implementing operational processes to transition the college to their new programmatic assessment system launching in 2023.
This role requires you to work in collaboration with committees, the Examination Board, Directors of Training and internal staff to develop, implement and deliver the examinations end to end. This position will maintain policy and procedures in line with the College.
The ideal candidate will be fast paced, confident and demonstrate resilience to communicate with trainees. You will be accurate, highly organised and capable to deliver outcomes under pressure. You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, be able to manage a diverse range of stakeholders, use your initiative and always be professional in challenging situations.
This role will suit someone with experience in managing all stages of the exam process, who understands the delivery of outcomes and transitioning of educational change. Previous experience in education and health or has worked within a royal college, association, or membership organisation is highly regarded.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage and deliver all stages of RANZCO’s assessment and examination processes and activities.
- Provide expert advice and collaborate with the Censor in Chief, Chairs of Examination Boards, Chairs of training networks, Directors of Training and RANZCO staff to develop and implement examinations.
- Manage trainee non-compliance with assessment and examination requirements and progression issues.
- Provide administrative support for examination boards and the Trainee Progression Committee.
- Plan and implement the operationalisation of and transition to RANZCO’s programmatic assessment system being introduced in 2023.
- Maintain policy and procedures for all areas of responsibility.
The successful candidate will have:
- Degree in education
- Experience in planning, developing and delivering assessments and examinations
- An understanding of education and health
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills, with a proven ability to prioritise tasks
- The ability to liaise with highly educated medical professionals
- An advanced knowledge of Microsoft software programs
If this role sounds like you then please APPLY Now! Alternatively, call Kristina and Jo on 02 9093 4925 for more information.
We will monitor applications over the Christmas period and encourage applicants to apply ASAP as the start date for this position is January.
Beaumont People specialises in all areas of NFP recruitment including memberships, fundraising and corporate partnerships.