The vision of the Housing Trust is a decent home for everyone. We do this by building, managing and maintaining over 1,100 homes, which provide safe and affordable rental housing for more than 2,000 people. As a Tier 1 nationally registered Community Housing Provider, we have been serving the Illawarra community since 1983.
We work strategically with all levels of government, and we have been successful for a number of projects that are already underway.
We are passionate about our tenants’ needs and work with them to build vibrant, inclusive communities. We ensure they are connected to support services if they need them. We are proud of our track record with a tenant satisfaction score of 88%, well above industry benchmarks, and proud of our culture where 96% of our people recommend HT as a great place to work in our recent engagement survey.
About the role
Working alongside the CEO and Leadership team, the Executive Development Manager (EDM) is responsible for leading the growth of the property portfolio and the key areas of focus are:
- Create and implement a 10-year rolling, sustainable and value creating portfolio pipeline to deliver the growth strategy. This will include diverse housing products. sustainable portfolio growth strategy that will build HT’s property pipeline to ensure we are growing future value
- Create and deliver the uplift and renewal plan for properties owned by the Land and Housing Corporation (LAHC) and managed by Housing Trust under long term leases.
- Document a framework to integrate new properties into the operational areas of the business
- Build a suite of business development policies, processes and tools to enable HT to find and respond to opportunities, assess opportunities, conceptualise projects, develop proposals, undertake feasibility assessments, structure deals, and progress partnerships and financing.
- Create processes that ensure HT is able to monitor, influence and optimise its response to changes in the planning and construction industry and at all levels of Government.
You will have an uncompromising commitment to our leadership, our vision and our values. You will model the highest standards of professional behaviour and carry out your role with the highest of integrity. You will need the following technical and professional experience:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Business Management, Construction Management, Property Development or a related discipline
- Significant and demonstrated experience in managing multiple building projects and project management methodologies
- Thorough understanding of private sector property and construction development processes
- Understanding of government, policy process and relevant statutory requirements
- Solid understanding of contract management and legal principles pertaining to property development
- Experience in negotiation and vendor management and reporting upon contractual KPI’s
- Proven ability in managing stakeholders, building relationships, influencing and negotiating Experience in driving best practice customer service and community engagement programs
- Demonstrated financial management capability including budget management
- Advanced problem solving and negotiation skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- The opportunity to drive and enable whole of business strategy
- Ability to have clear impact on lives and the community
- An inspiring and positive environment with an active employee engagement strategy
- Attractive and competitive remuneration package with NFP salary packaging benefits
- Employee Health and Wellbeing Benefits program, including access to exclusive perks
- Join an organisation that values their people through employee recognition programs, learning, growth and development opportunities, and flexible work initiatives
- Full-time role – 3 year term with possibility of extension
We are excited to hear from you. To request a full position description please email Liska Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To submit an application please click APPLY uploading a covering letter outlining how your skills and experience would deliver on the role outcomes and a resume detailing your experience. Applications will be assessed on receipt and shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Applications will be reviewed on receipt.
The closing date is 10 February 2021 however please apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed on an immediate basis.
Beaumont Not-for-Profit has been retained to recruit this position so please direct all enquiries to Beaumont People.