$90k - $110k incl super
About the client
The Institute of Public Affairs (IPA) is an independent, Not-for-Profit think tank, dedicated to preserving and strengthening the foundations of economic and political freedom in Australia.
Since 1943, the IPA has been at the forefront of the political and policy debate. The IPA supports the free market of ideas. Their specific research areas include climate change, economics, criminal justice, legal rights, freedom of speech, innovation and entrepreneurship, energy and resources.
The IPA publishes a wide variety of research papers and supporting opinion pieces. It also hosts conferences and lectures across the country.
About the role
Due to organisational growth, the IPA are recruiting a new position; Director of Membership. This role will manage a team of 2 whilst driving the membership in three key areas: Strategy & Planning, Marketing & Communications, and Membership Services & Engagement.
About the person
The ideal candidate will have a passion and keen interest in the topics IPA support. You will be a strategic thinker with the ability to get involved, roll up your sleeves and be proactive in executing the membership and marketing strategies.
- Develop and drive the membership strategy
- Ensure membership is aligned with the fundraising and philanthropic strategy
- Personally engage with members and prospective members to collect information to enhance the member offering
- Review and continually improve the membership offerings
- Develop and maintain a schedule of membership marketing activities
- Oversee and continually improve renewal systems and communications
- Continue to build the customer service culture of the membership department
- A strategic approach with the ability to drive and grow new members
- Ability to create and execute a membership strategy and marketing plan
- Delivery of membership marketing communications and membership delivery to a high standard
- A collaborative approach to work within a vibrant team environment
- Interest/experience within not-for-profit / membership /marketing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Beaumont People specialises in all areas of NFP recruitment including memberships, fundraising and corporate partnerships.