- Balmain location – Parking available
- Part-time hours (circa 3 days per week)
- Competitive salary packaging
About the organisation
TheMHS Learning Network is an international learning network for improving mental health services in Australia and New Zealand.
TheMHS Learning Network events bring together people to stimulate debates that challenge the boundaries of present knowledge and ideas about mental health care and mental health systems.
The Development and Communications Manager is responsible for the management of conference development, promotion, sponsorship, community/customer relations, media and communication strategies, and assistance with TheMHS strategic planning.
- Develop and implement a Strategic Communications & Promotion Plan
- Communicate with mental health organisations, partner organisations, professional journals and other media for advertising/promoting events & services
- Manage the development and maintenance of the advertising, exhibition and sponsorship databases
- Manage the liaison and support before and during events for all sponsors/exhibitors
- Attend monthly Board meetings, provide advice to the Board and to Conference Director as needed
- Directing, supervising and delegating to the Communications Coordinator
Skills & Attributes
- Tertiary qualifications in media, communications, journalism, marketing, public relations, events or similar
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for a variety of audiences and purposes
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to communicate effectively with different stakeholders (e.g. mental health organisations, sponsors, media, event service providers etc.)
- Ability to identify potential sponsors and promotional opportunities
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Demonstrated understanding or interest in health and welfare issues, in particular mental health issues
- Access to salary packaging
- Good work/life balance
Please apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed on an immediate basis.
Beaumont People Not for Profit has been contracted to recruit this role. Beaumont People NFP specialise in delivering unparalleled permanent and temporary recruitment solutions to the Not for profit sector.