$90-110k + Super Pro Rata
About the client:
The Resolution Institute is a Not-for-Profit Member Association for mediators and Dispute Resolution Practitioners.
The organisation promotes the use of Dispute Resolution professionals, provides training, assessment, and accreditation services to its members as well as offering information and services to the public, business, government, and legal communities.
About the role:
The Public Affairs Manager is a new role that will develop and implement strategies to enhance the RI corporate brand through the delivery of corporate affairs and engagement strategies.
As the Public Affairs Manager, you will establish, enhance and maintain relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders across government and corporate organisations, who can benefit from the services and tools offered by RI as well as increasing and influencing the brand and revenue streams.
Additionally, you will manage 1 direct report, and have responsibility for research and advocacy initiatives that will further support RI members and the dispute resolution sector.
About the person:
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and demonstrate a flexible approach to working in a newly created role. You must demonstrate strong skills in building relationships that will benefit the corporate brand particularly within government and legal practices. This role works in close relationship with internal stakeholders, therefore able to work collaboratively with the CEO and Board Chair is crucial to success.
A legal background is highly desirable, with affiliations in the government and media sector.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Identify and manage opportunities for the CEO and Chair to contribute to public debate, news commentary and similar forums of public influence
- Build relationships with external organisations and form mutually beneficial partnerships
- Identify new opportunities and revenue streams with sponsorship and partners
- Develop and implement a media strategy to increase the brand awareness
- Represent Resolution Institute at/on forums or committees
- Maintain an understanding of government processes related to the sector and act as a senior point of contact for key government or community representatives
- Oversee and coordinate responses to any request for information or submission to government
- Support committees, advocacy, and policy initiatives
- Provide strategic advice and direction to the CEO and management team
To be successful you will have:
- Experience in public relations, media and demonstrated knowledge of contemporary communication and marketing principles
- Track record in government relations, stakeholder management, and public policy
- A self-starter with the ability to deliver results
- Demonstrated initiative in implementing brand awareness and communication tools for internal and external stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and a proven team player
This is a great opportunity to work directly with the CEO and Board Chair to raise the profile of the organisation and sector. If you feel you meet the above criteria please APPLY now! Alternatively, contact Kristina or Louise on 02 9093 4925 for more information.
Beaumont People specialises in all areas of NFP recruitment including memberships, fundraising and corporate partnerships.