- Casual Pool - Adhoc Shifts
- Tweed, Byron, Ballina, Lismore, Casino
- Working with several aged care providers
We have a variety of clients requiring assistance within residential facilities. Your primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Preparing and cooking high quality, nourishing meals for the residents
- Monitoring all practices within the catering centre to ensure safe food handling and infection control procedures are being adhered to
- Ensuring all areas of the kitchen are cleaned to the highest standards
- Stock control management, replenishing and ordering stock as required
- Complying with Occupational, Safety and Health requirements
To ensure the most effective and continuous care for our clients, we require our Chefs/Cooks to be dedicated, reliable and flexible. To be successful in joining our casual pool you will possess the following:
- Trade certification or experience in a commercial cooking environment and/or aged care catering is required
- Basic knowledge of dietary nutrition for the aged is preferred
- Ability to manage bulk ordering, purchasing, and stock control of food
- Competent in using Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal and interpersonal skills
- Empathy for elderly residents
For these casual positions, we are looking for candidates who are very flexible with their availability and can work at short notice.
As part of our “Casual Pool” you will go through our registration process which includes an initial phone screen, face to face interview, reference checking and an online Workplace Health & Safety Assessment.
For more information, please contact Lauren Rodwell, Recruitment Consultant, on (02) 9133 9322.