Mortgage and Finance Association of Australia (MFAA)
About the client
The MFAA is Australia’s leading professional association for the mortgage broking industry, with membership covering mortgage and finance brokers, aggregators, lenders, mortgage managers, mortgage insurers and other suppliers to the mortgage broking industry.
The stated purpose of the MFAA is to advance the interests of our members through leadership in advocacy, education and promotion. To achieve this aim, the MFAA promotes and advances the broker proposition to a range of external stakeholders, including governments, regulators and consumers, and continues to demonstrate the commitment of MFAA professionals to the maintenance of the highest standards of education and development.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a peak body not for profit organisation who is advancing the reputation of the mortgage and finance industry.
As the Compliance Manager for MFAA you are required to manage the day-to-day operations of the compliance function. This includes the provision of quality compliance guidance and assistance to members in relation to their operations in the mortgage and finance industry.
The role requires you to have experience in the mortgage and finance industry and a thorough understanding of the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 and Regulatory Guide 273.
A key requirement of the role is to be able to understand existing and proposed legislation and regulation as it applies to the mortgage and finance industry, in order to assist members with their compliance enquiries and obligations.
You will also be required to monitor the release of Government and regulatory consultations and assist with MFAA submissions.
About the Person
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Degree qualifications (preferably legal).
- Experience in the mortgage and finance industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of financial services legislation and regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to understand the governance and application thereof the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 and Regulatory Guide 273.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and interpret new legislation and regulations, which is relevant to the mortgage and finance industry.
- Demonstrated ability to field compliance enquiries and explain the obligations of regulations to others.
- General knowledge of financial mortgage products including lenders home loan products.
- General knowledge of compliance issues within the financial services industry.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Conflict resolution & negotiating skills.
- Experience working with external stakeholders (customers and suppliers).
- The professional resilience to communicate with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- General knowledge of other financial products and services including vehicle & asset finance and commercial lending & equipment finance.
For more information and a copy of the position description contact Louise or Kristina on 02 9093 4925 or email email@example.com. You can also visit the MFAA website here.