22.8 hours over 3 to 5 days
Approx. 10 month contract covering maternity leave
Immediate Start, Working from Home
Working for this national association whose members operate within the financial services industry, you will report to the CEO and work directly with the board and subcommittee chairs to manage the company secretary and governance functions as well as the risk and compliance.
This organisation is based in the CBD however is currently working from home due to Covid.
The CEO requires an experienced and professional company secretary with an NFP governance background. You must demonstrate strong attention to detail and have excellent clear communication skills. In return, you will be given autonomy and flexibility.
This is a maternity cover position covering 22.8 hours a week over 3 to 5 days.
- Manage the complete company secretary and governance functions
- Prepare agendas, minutes and reports for the board and subcommittee meetings ensuring they are delivered accurately and on time
- Maintain corporate records and registers
- Organise and advise on AGM liaising with members, CEO and the board
- Manage the companies compliance, internal policies and procedures and risk management framework
- Previous experience within a governance/company secretary role
- High attention to detail with the ability to meet competing deadlines
- Have a detailed understanding of governance, risk, and compliance
- Strong business and commercial acumen
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A university degree and/or postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline (such as business, economics, politics or law)
- Membership of the Governance Institute of Australia is preferred
Beaumont People specialises in all areas of NFP recruitment including memberships, fundraising and corporate partnerships.