- Based in Pyrmont - close to several transit options
- Part-time 22.5 hours per week, flexible work arrangements
- Seeking an experienced Community Development Officer to support a dedicated team
About the organisation
City West Housing is a leader in developing, building, and managing affordable housing for rent in City of Sydney local government area. Their purpose is to build stronger communities and improve people’s lives by providing affordable housing.
About the role
Reporting into the Head of Community and External Engagement, you will positively impact people’s lives by driving community development and project lead engagement activities, services and programs that enable residents to connect, engage and reduce social isolation. A large part of the role will be building and managing relationships, promoting engagement with residents through initiatives and events.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Coordinate resident engagement activities, initiatives, and events, with the objective to increase participation
- Provide statistical data to monitor and evaluate the success of each project/program;
- Communicate appropriately at all levels, CWH and develop new and existing key stakeholder relationships
- Explore funding opportunities to support resident activities, managing the budgets and reporting requirements required
- Work collaboratively, support the Community and External Engagement team and the broader business to achieve positive and sustainable outcomes for residents
It is important to note that some out of hours work will be required during peak times of activity for weekend/evening events or tight deadlines and will be negotiated in advance - where applicable approved overtime or flexible time will apply.
The ideal candidate:
- Is passionate about working with residents and the wider community and empowering the lives of others
- Is compassionate and demonstrates empathy
- Can handle complex or challenging situations calmly and rationally.
- Is passionate about community development and growing opportunities for engagement with stakeholders.
- A strong desire to work within a collaborative team, and previous experience in a similar role
- Excellent interpersonal skills, reliable, confidential and team oriented
- Well-developed problem-solving skills and the ability to plan and prioritise to achieve quality outcomes within set timeframes and budgets
- Knowledge of regulatory frameworks, legislation, policies, and procedures as they relate to the role
- Previous experience working with stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds including CALD and ATSI
- Strong relationship building, networking and stakeholder management experience
- Experience in coordinating community events, the ability to attend events that may occur out of hours
- Experience with writing and managing grant proposals
- A current Working with Children Check, valid First-Aid qualifications, a Current Class C driver’s license (or be willing to obtain)
- Intermediate skills in MS Office Suite
How to Apply
If this sounds like something that you would be interested in, please click 'apply' with a cover letter along with your full resume.
If you have any further questions, please contact Diana Linde at firstname.lastname@example.org
Beaumont People has been contracted to recruit this role on behalf of City West Housing, therefore all queries must be directed to Diana Linde at Beaumont People.
City West Housing is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds.