The Society of Consumer Affairs Professionals Australia (SOCAP) is a member-based not-for-profit organisation who advocates, encourages and supports excellence amongst professionals working in the fields of complaint handling, dispute resolution and customer service.
They provide their members with training, events, accreditation, networking and professional development.
About the Role:
SOCAP is looking for a Communication Officer to join a small yet dedicated team based in Bondi Junction. The role requires working autonomously to guide and support the CEO to raise the industry profile and support the industry through advocacy.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders, experts and relevant bodies in the development of appropriate guidelines, standards, protocols and position statements concerning SOCAP
- Provide time-sensitive, relevant advice and positioning messaging for the Board and CEO on current issues in the news media cycle
- Work with the CEO, SOCAP Board, and the wider team in presenting, delivering and implementation of key policy positions through presentations, meetings, forum, and media opportunities as may be required
- Act as a key contact for government, non-government organisations, peak bodies contributing to the strategic direction of the association.
- Represent SOCAP on relevant external industry bodies for the development of industry guidelines, standards and protocols
- Work in collaboration with the internal team - Membership, Training and Marketing on positioning policy and advocacy messaging into overall SOCAP value proposition campaigns
- Assist with media inquiries
- Assist with the concept creation, development, and implementation of the Symposium annual program
- Proven ability to consult on complex and sensitive issues within critical time frames
- Proven experience in strategic planning and execution
- Strong written and verbal communications and problem-solving skills
- Highly developed interpersonal and diplomacy skills, including relationship management skills and the proven ability to communicate with diverse stakeholders
- Excellent research and analysis skills and ability to prepare evidence-based policy positions
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications and/or relevant experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with a range of communication channels
Beaumont People specialises in all areas of NFP recruitment including memberships, fundraising and corporate partnerships