- As the Communications Officer you will work closely with the Communications manager to drive social media, manage website updates and communications for the organisation
- Free Gym Onsite and use of a personal trainer
- Competitive Remuneration
- Flexible working hours with the ability to start and finish earlier
This Communications Officer will work across a broad range of communication channels to deliver consistent messaging aligned to the schools brand and values. Here you will play an integral part in communicating with students, parents and alumni for the school. You will manage the schools social media, website and provide interesting content for the fortnightly newsletter which will involve interviewing students and academics.
Key responsibilities and duties;
- Keep the schools parent community informed with accurate timely and relevant information via the App and all social media platforms
- Maintain the Schools intranet and ensure that this is up to date by liaising with internal stakeholders
- Assist the marketing manager with the compilation of the fortnightly newsletter and termly sports newsletter.
- Maintain and update the school website
- Write a variety of content for social media platforms
- Ensure that all internal and external communications comply with editorial style and branding
- Assist teaching staff with photography requirements, as necessary.
Skills, attributes and experience;
- Tertiary Qualifications in Marketing, Communications or Journalism (preferable)
- Experience with the delivery and maintenance of website and newsletters
- Skilled in editing and proof reading
- Experience in writing for a variety of communication channels including social media
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to establish rapport with a diverse range of people
- Be organised, reliable and be able to prioritise and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
CULTURE AND BENEFITS
- Excellent opportunity to work for a leading school in the Inner west
- Opportunity to use the school facilities outside of hours and attend gym sessions with a trainer free of charge.
- Warm, engaging and supportive marketing team