- Looking to relocate to the Byron Bay region?
- Flexible working — combination of office days (Ballina) + work-from-home
- Full-time permanent role
- Base Salary, $100k+ (NFP salary packaging also available)
Join an innovative NFP supporting clinicians and communities across the NSW North Coast.
Healthy North Coast (HNC) proudly delivers the North Coast PHN program — an Australian Government initiative aiming to help transform the health care system.
Committed to celebrating diversity and supporting their staff to be seen as individuals, HNC is passionate about ensuring people genuinely enjoy coming to work each day. They look at everything through a quality improvement lens and genuinely encourage their staff to present new ideas, they are always open to innovation and strive to do better.
Reporting to the Director of Digital and Communications, the Communications Lead manages a team of 5/6 part-time staff who specialise in core communications functions; design, writing, editing/publishing, social media and video production.
As Communications Lead, you will be an outstanding project manager, implementing process improvements and managing competing priorities. You will run the team as an internal agency, ensuring campaign development and delivery is on time and budget.
With your strong experience in people management, you will support your team to develop individual performance frameworks, including setting and achieving annual KPIs that contribute to the 12-month operational plans. You will be a champion of positive organisational culture and growth.
As Communications Lead you will work closely with the Director to develop and implement Healthy North Coast’s communications strategy, driving brand awareness and build trusting relationships internally and externally (B2C and B2B).
As the expert in communications management, you will ensure the right message is delivered through the right channel to the right customer at the right time.
Although a leadership role, you will also be expected to jump in and help when needed, whether developing media releases, supporting with graphic design output, or publishing to the website or socials. In this collaborative, supportive team, every member of the team chips in.
- Lead and coach a high-performance team including workflow management, development and monitoring of KPI’s, coaching and guidance.
- Establish project plans and facilitate team/stakeholder meetings to help with forward-thinking resource planning
- Be the liaison between internal stakeholders to help manage workflows
- Implement new processes and systems to improve day-to-day operations
- Contribute to a comprehensive communications strategy to promote HNC's goals & values
- Lead end-to-end multi-channel campaigns to increase audiences & engagement
- Be both proactive & reactive with PR & media opportunities to increase awareness
- Review all marketing & communications assets ensuring brand alignment
- Manage relationships with external agencies and suppliers
- Ensure effective communications performance measurement & reporting
- Develop internal communications
- Oversee the annual impact reports
- Demonstrated experience managing a high-performing team
- Highly-organised, fast-paced project and campaign manager
- Strong in production and traffic management to coordinate org-wide communication workflows
- Demonstrated success developing communications plans that deliver on stakeholder segmentation and result in behavioural change
- Media relations management
- Reporting and analytics
- Proven experience working with a diverse portfolio with the ability to interpret complex subject matter
- Ability to maintain a positive, collegial approach under pressure
- Tech fluent and a proficient user of Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite Basics (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Wordpress, Google Analytics and Project Management tools
- Willingness and flexibility to travel across our regional offices
- Experience of working within the health sector
- Web manager experience using Elementor page builder
- Experience using Mailchimp, Microsoft Office 365 (SharePoint, Teams), Google Adwords
- Media planning and buying experience
If this sounds like your perfect role and you want to be a part of a team that fosters a fun, ambitious organisational culture, then we’d love to hear from you.
Please send an up-to-date resume and cover letter clearly addressing each of the above ‘Essential Skills and Attributes’ and the ‘Highly Regarded’ where possible and why you are looking to move to the Byron region, through the ‘Apply’ link.
Previous applicants for the ‘Senior Manager - Media & Marketing’ role are welcome to send an updated application, acknowledging the change in the role and criteria.
If successful in this role, you will need to pass a Criminal Record clearance. You will also need a current NSW driving licence.
If you have any additional questions, please contact Rebecca or Victoria on 02 9133 9322 for a confidential discussion
Beaumont People have been engaged to recruit this role; all enquiries should be directed through us. We expect a large response for this role, so please be patient and rest assured that you will receive a response either way on the outcome of your application.