- This Communications Asssistant will provide support to the communications officer on developing content, social media and implement communications strategies
- Based in the Inner West close to public transport
- Working hours are 8:00am – 4:30pm
The Communications Assistant will work across a broad range of communication channels to deliver consistent messaging aligned to the schools brand and values. This role will play an integral part in communicating with the school community via different platforms.
Key responsibilities and duties;
- Keep the schools parent community informed with accurate timely and relevant information via the App.
- Maintain the Schools intranet and ensure that this is up to date at all times by liaising with internal stakeholders
- Assist the marketing team with the compilation of the fortnightly newsletter and termly sports newsletter.
- Maintain and update the school website
- Write a variety of content for social media platforms
- Ensure that all internal and external communications comply with editorial style and branding
- Assist teaching staff with photography requirements, as necessary.
Skills, attributes and experience;
- Tertiary Qualifications in Communications or Journalism
- Experience with the delivery and maintenance of website and newsletters
- Skilled at editing and proof reading
- Experience in writing for a variety of communication channels including social media
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to establish rapport with a diverse range of people
- Be organised, reliable and be able to prioritise and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
CULTURE AND BENEFITS
- Excellent opportunity to work for a leading school in the Inner west
- Opportunity to use the school facilities outside of hours and attend gym sessions with a trainer free of charge.