Strategic Lawyers in Townsville are seeking a pragmatic Senior Commercial Lawyer to join their growing firm. The team at Strategic Lawyers has a roadmap for growth over the next 2 years so if you are looking for a role that allows you to be yourself, mentor others and provides an opportunity for REAL career progression then we want to hear from you. APPLY TODAY!
About the Role:
The Commercial Lawyer role provides an opportunity to be part of a collaborative team to act for a variety of clients in a range of major commercial disputes in addition to managing a department that covers all areas of commercial law (corporate, business transactions and contractual matters). You will be a department head, so supervision experience to juniors will be highly regarded.
You will need to be able to hit the ground running, work autonomously on your files and guide juniors in the team.
Your work will include litigation involving insolvency, commercial, corporate and construction, employment disputes, preparing advice, preparing witness and expert evidence, liaising with Counsel, and assisting with each aspect of the conduct of proceedings. Our commercial law department also coves Wills & Estates and in some instances, Personal Injury (preferred not required).
A requirement for a strong understanding of the business of the law is paramount and experience in private practice billing and an ability to consistently hit budget and understand its importance is an absolute must.
This is a senior role at the Strategic Lawyers firm.
What's on Offer?
- We value our people. Work is meant to be enjoyed! We believe in a flexible and relaxed working environment allowing people to operate in a manner that cultivates a friendly culture and reduces stress levels.
- A culture of ambition, support, and inclusivity. We are passionate about what we do, and we want to work with those who share that same drive. We promote an open-door policy and encourage collaboration between all staff. We also love an opportunity to socialise and share the firm's success through our regular morning teas and "down-tools afternoons."
- We recognise and reward success. Nothing goes unnoticed here. Quality work and exceeding effort will always be acknowledged and rewarded accordingly. We have an Employee Engagement Platform (EEP) that encourages recognition of hard work and rewards staff with eCards and discounts to over 350 retailers.
- We focus on our clients. We have a drive for excellence to give our clients the best results and a quality outcome, no matter their circumstances.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- 5+ years' post-admission experience within a commercial litigation law firm or similar
- Principal's Practicing Certificate is highly sought after
- Strong drafting experience including court documents, affidavits, briefs, and the preparation of evidence
- A proactive approach to running matters with the ability to run standard commercial matters in your own right
- Highly organised, self-starter who also is social and outward going
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to follow processes thoroughly
- Thrive in an environment that values autonomy, independence a strong work ethic and culture
- A strong commercial acumen and desire to hit targets and exceed budgets set by management
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills to build client relationships and maintain a positive team environment.
- A team player with strong time and project management skills
- Collegiate and supportive
- Close working relationship with colleagues
- Close client contact
- Professional development & mentorship
- A desire to grow alongside the firm both personally and professionally
- Opportunity to become a partner/principal
- A passionate commitment to life-changing outcomes.
- A drive to get the right people on the bus and then fostering their happiness and success.
- Humble determined leadership and growing leaders throughout the whole company.
- Providing a superior client experience.
- Growth and innovation and a drive to continuously improve.
- A positive can-do attitude.
- Dynamic big-thinking.
- Creating fun and a sense of humour.
If you think that you can add value to the Strategic Lawyers team in Townsville then apply today. Please submit an up-to-date CV and cover letter that speaks to the company's mission and values. For a confidential chat about the role please contact Dean from Beaumont People on (02) 9133 9322.