$180-220k + super
About the client
APCO is a co-regulatory, not for profit organisation partnering with government and industry to reduce the environmental impact of packaging in Australia.
APCO aims to change the culture of business through the promotion of sustainable packaging activities including sustainable design, recycling initiatives, waste to landfill reduction and circular economy projects.
About the role
APCO are searching for a Chief Program Officer to join their executive management team. This role will provide strategic leadership across program delivery areas to ensure the operational objectives are implemented through the delivery of innovative and strategic programs to support environmental sustainability.
About the person
The ideal candidate for this position must champion leadership and demonstrate the ability to mentor a team. You will have technical knowledge and understand the circular economy. This role requires a proven strategist that also highlights innovative and agile thinking. Previous industry experience and/or passion for sustainability is highly regarded.
- Oversee portfolio of sustainable related initiatives to deliver stated outcomes
- Deploy and embed APCO tools and resources across APCO membership
- Contribute to the development of the organisation business/strategic plan, including monitoring and reporting on the progress of projects
- Ensure the translation of strategic business planning into practice within agreed budgets and timeframe
- Provide leadership and support to frontline team leaders
- Work with the executive team to lead the organisation and collaborate with its networks and strategic partners in Australia and across the globe
- Develop and strengthen APCO’s membership liaising with the relevant team to deliver on KPI’s
- Comprehensive knowledge of program planning, budgeting, and administrative operations
- Proven strategic leadership with the ability to motivate a team to deliver on results
- An understanding of sustainability product stewardship, packaging or related fields
- Demonstrated strategic acumen including high-level operational experience
- High-level organisation and attention to detail skills
To request a full position description and information pack please email Louise Roper on email@example.com.
Applications need to include a current resume and a cover letter that demonstrates how you meet the skills and criteria.
Applications will be reviewed on receipt. Please apply ASAP.
Beaumont specialises in all areas of NFP recruitment including memberships, fundraising, and corporate partnerships and has been retained to recruit this position, please direct all inquiries to Beaumont People.