- Central Sydney CBD location close to Wynyard station
- Shape the future direction of the organisation
The organisation now has a 2018-21 strategic plan in place and annual operating plans around the delivery of the Global Industry Scholarships program. There has been an increasing focus on scholarships in areas of innovation and new technology where good/best practice or knowledge is held overseas.
Reporting to the BBM Board through the Chairperson, the CEO has the overall responsibility for running the operations of BBM Ltd, including all activities relating to the company and its operating activities, BBM Youth Support and Big Brother Movement.
Strategy & Governance
- Work with the Board to implement the Strategic Plan, develop an annual operations plan and financial budget for review and approval by the Board
- Ensure all legal compliance matters are managed for BBM Ltd including statutory meetings, reporting and lodgement of necessary returns with the ATO, ASIC and the ACNC as applicable
- Manage the BBM annual Scholarships Programs to meet the strategic intent of the organisation
- Develop external relationships and partnerships, including sponsors and donors, required for program development and delivery
- Manage all day to day activities of the BBM office and any staff and volunteers employed from time to time
- Increase engagement and communication with Little Brothers and facilitate the Little Brothers reunions
- Work with the Board through the Investment Committee to manage the capital of the organisation in accordance with BBM policies, including the Investment Policy Statement
- Manage the day to day finances of BBM and the annual audit process with the external auditors
This is a hands-on role, managing a small business with a small team of part time staff. You will be:-
- A self-starter with strategic vision, energy and enthusiasm to take the organisation to the next stage of its development including a sponsorship and donation program which is in the early stages of growth
- Commercially astute with experience managing budgets and teams
- A good communicator with a presence to inspire confidence with internal and external stakeholders
- Able to create opportunities and implement strategy with limited resources
- Comfortable to work independently, being responsible for the oversight and management of governance requirements for a charity
This is your opportunity to steer the direction of a small charity which develops the future leaders of Australian industry. You are directly responsible for creating development pathways for young people and have a high degree of autonomy.
This gives you flexibility for work/life balance and the chance to show off your operational expertise.
Central Sydney CBD location close to Wynyard station.
The role will commence in week beginning 11 November 2019.
If you are looking for a unique opportunity, please apply by sending a covering letter outlining what you would bring to the role and a resume detailing your experience to Liska Turner at email@example.com
To request a full position description please email Liska Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 25th August 2019.
To submit an application please click APPLY. Applications will be assessed on receipt and shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Beaumont Not-for-Profit has been retained to recruit this position so please direct all enquiries to Beaumont People.