- Full Time, permanent role
- Based Ballina, Northern NSW
- Lead a growing organisation
Jali Local Aboriginal Land Council are seeking a driven and motivated Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to guide them through a period of change.
Each Local Aboriginal Land Council (LALC) aims to improve, protect and foster the best interests of all Aboriginal persons within the Council’s area and members of the Council.
Jali LALC have number of extremely important programs and core areas of work including Social Housing, Agri-Business, a playgroup, Aged Care (Independent Living), Culture & Heritage and Indigenous Protected Areas (Land acquisition, use and management).
Based from their Ballina office, this full-time role reporting to the board, will lead the financial and operational management of the organisation. The role of CEO requires an experienced people manager who can take the organisation through change and empower them to grow towards a sustainable future.
To be successful in this exciting role, you will be resilient, focused and hold a thorough working knowledge of Aboriginal Land Rights Legislation.
Working closely with a relatively new board, you will need to be a confident communicator who can build strong relationships and influence positively. A large element of the role is financial management including compliance and reporting.
The CEO will lead a small, growing team to success, fostering strong relationships and encouraging accountability, transparency, best practice and trust.
- Operational management of the LALC including compliance
- Financial management; preparation & submissions of budgets, accounting & expenditure
- To provide accurate advice to the Board
- Build & maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Foster positive relationships with community through PR, education programs & training
- Work with the Board to implement initiatives for future growth & sustainability
- Lead a small team of administration staff & program / site coordinators
- Maintenance of all records & the membership roll
- Assist the LALC to enable it to carry out its legislative obligations
- Knowledge and understanding of the ALRA
- Experience interpreting & implementing legislative requirements
- Demonstrated negotiation, consultation & mediation skills
- Demonstrated experience leading an organisation through challenging times
- Experience in governance & management of not for profit organisations
- Extensive Financial Management / Accounting experience
- Lived experience of the cultural, social and economic needs of Aboriginal people
- Knowledge of the issues affecting NSW Aboriginal communities, societies & cultures
- This is an Aboriginal identified position
- Opportunity to grow an established organisation
- Fully maintained vehicle, mobile & laptop
- Ballina based office & great team
- Positive contribution to the community & thrive on the enjoyment that meaningful work brings
Beaumont People has been retained to recruit this role. You can send your application now with an up to date resume and covering letter that clearly addresses the above ‘Skills & Attributes’ to Rebecca@beaumontpeople.com.au
If you have any other questions you can contact Rebecca Robinson or Victoria Nankivell on 02 9133 9322.
Applications are being reviewed regularly, the closing date for full applications is Friday 17th July.
For this position candidates must be of Aboriginal decent, applicant’s race is deemed an essential requirement as authorised by section 14 of the Anti-Discrimination act 1977. We encourage applications from local candidates.